One of the reasons that Skyrim has such Low Res Textures

TheOutlander

sorry to say this guys but we are the ones responsible for bad graphics, limitations, ridiculous and useless DRM etc. not the Consoles or the PC.

We (Gamers) actually award game Publishers for bad behavior. We hype games to death giving publishers free publicity they otherwise have to pay a hefty sum for, we defend software that effectively restricts us, spy on us, make our gaming life inconvenient, we fight and insult each other over who has what Hardware and who likes what game or not. We are disorganized, indecisive, inconsiderate, indifferent and quite frankly "dumb" in some way.

Sorry to say this but the main Reason why Publishers can do things today for which they would have been "tared and feathered" "yesterday" is us and us alone.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to say this guys but we are the ones responsible for bad graphics, limitations, ridiculous and useless DRM etc. not the Consoles or the PC.

We (Gamers) actually award game Publishers for bad behavior. We hype games to death giving publishers free publicity they otherwise have to pay a hefty sum for, we defend software that effectively restricts us, spy on us, make our gaming life inconvenient, we fight and insult each other over who has what Hardware and who likes what game or not. We are disorganized, indecisive, inconsiderate, indifferent and quite frankly "dumb" in some way.

Sorry to say this but the main Reason why Publishers can do things today for which they would have been "tared and feathered" "yesterday" is us and us alone.

So we are being to easy on them I guess.

So we are being to easy on them I guess.

Let me tell you this way, if I were a Publisher and I would make Millions with outdated graphics, limited Features, binding Software etc. I would certainly not think that I am doing something wrong and whenever someone criticizes me I would just say "but it works".

I am not just talking about Skyrim, there are far worse examples.

When the Creation Kit comes out We Geeks on our Pcs will be able to make the poor Cod fanboys cry in their Milk.

They will be stuck with a game thats using 5 year old textures and a sub par 32bit system settings on an outdated TOY

Where as we will have the ability to use mods that will Enhance our game beyond today's best games.

We already have a 4gb mod I imagine we will have a 64 architecture mod if the kit is as good as beth say it is !!!

We will have a full unofficial patch mod which will fix all the bugs beth dont fix and if its like obliv will give us 1024 or greater textures for everything.

We will have New homes , New quests , New gameplay , New anything we can think of.

I myself can see the Console makers Panicking now Because even if they alow the console users to get some of the mods the console its self will not be able to run the most important MODs because they are to powerful for the Consoles.

Do i care that beth released a game that was aimed at kids on consoles ?

Yes i do.

Why ?

Because the long resale and success oblivion had, was due to the fact the Modders created such great content on PCs

How did Beth repay this ?

By making a game aimed at consoles hoping that the PC geeks would make a better game for PCs when the Creation kit is released

Lame market strategy - but as far as management care it worked :(

All thats left now is for us geeks to FIX the game for PC players and laugh at the kids crying when there TOY game looks so crap compared to the dazzling PC experience WE not BETH create :)

Edited by glinkglonk