Pretty Pack - First Alpha Release!

Shaikoten

Well it looks like we were sold snake oil. Some of the textures from the HD2K pack don't look very perceptibly different from far away, so I think a lot of people WANTED to think they looked better. It's kind of like when an audiophile pays $200 for a pair of headphones that may not objectively be better than what they upgraded from, yet they swear they can hear a difference.

Needless to say I'm going to look at things a bit closer before including them now. And I'll pass it on to you guys to look at too. One pack I was considering inviting to the project is Z4G4's landscape pack. You can find it here: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2146 Any thoughts about the quality of the work? (Unlike the last pack, I opened this one in photoshop. It seems muuuuuch better :D)

Yes I think you might be right about those landscape textures. I think I may have got that one mixed up with dirkduggler's mod which I suggested earlier, theres so many texture replacers its hard to keep track of them all.. I 'll take a look through the textures I haven't got much on at present and give you my feedback. I'll PM you it if thats alright. I feel a little guilty about my comments on the Windhelm stuff, I just get wound up when people pass off lazy work as high quality when it isn't and I tend to be very vocal in my feedback.

I know people don't like being told what to do, me especially :laugh: but if you could presuade some good texture artists to work on the cities that haven't been done, I think that would go a long way towards improving the visual aspect of the game. I'm happy to work on clothing and maybe some clutter later, neckros is helping me out but I don't really texture weapons or armour so thats something else you may want to consider. Just getting down my thoughts though, you're the team leader here. :)

Edited by darthsloth74

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mystikhybrid: No problem man, I'll fix it up for the public release whenever we get to it!

@darthsloth74: Yeah, feel free to shoot a PM if you're shy about the commentary. Right now I'm not trying to force anyone into specific roles if it's not their specialty. Everything is already moving on at a very fast pace, and I don't see a need to rush what may come naturally; I'll keep in correspondence with the appropriate artists to make sure it gets taken care of.

I am really glad to see this project continue, I was watching the other topic as well, and for a while I thought it had died... I can't really help since I'm not an artist, but I just wanted to voice my support of the concept! Hope to see a Nexus release of it soon :)