japhet's folly

oldtrk

I need some help. I know you should not travel to japhet's folly after the quest, now. But I left something there and I can't get it. I can go back to a previous save, but I can not go back far enough to get what I lost. I have tried swimming, tried TCL, tried COC, tried player.placeatme, tried to transport to the equipment test room, everything I could possible think of, but to no avail. Now, you probably want to know what i left? Right before the mission started on japhet's folly, I turned to Jordis (00092c95) and told her to go home. I didn't want to have another companion dye, and she was my favorite. What I didn't know at the time was she could not leave, because japhet's folly is a frigin prison, and so she just stood in the middle of the ship. At the completion of the exercise, you don't go back to the ship, so I did not know she was still standing there. Several days went by before I realized something was terrible wrong. She is there on the ship, ready to follow me, but I am stuck in the lala land. Please help me save my Jordis!!!

You only have 2 saved games? I think I have 10-12 for my main character..... it's a good idea to have a few extra ones just for something like this. ;)

Anyways, there is a console command to place a certain actor at your location if you know their ID. I don't recall the exact command, and it may be slightly different in Skyrim, but it should be on one (or all) of the wikis. It could potentially screw something up with that Companion later on, but that's the only work around I can think of in your case.

• 1 month later...
Well, I got her out. I got her BaseId and Placeatme. Then, three days later, another Jordis shows up. So now there are two. It's kind of funny, they dress different, and have a slightly different routine. All is as it should be.