Edit an Actorcopy in TES?

ravekn

I am using the Companion Share/Recruit mod with a new game save. I have created four clones of different classes and renamed them through the console.

I want to know if there is a way I can take an npc clone from a saved game using TES Construction Set, and make a mod with that clone to use in any future save.

I'm fairly new at this but have had good success in installing a number of mods in the last two weeks.

Thanks in advance!

r.

As far as I know, I don't think it's possible. When you use createfullactorcopy in the console the changes to the game are only recorded in the save game.

The way the game works is that the game state that exists in Oblivion.esm is altered by esp files and then as you play the changes your character is making to the game world (quests done, armor picked up, console commands issued etc.) are recorded to the save file. The Construction Set is only used to create or edit esp files. What you would need is a tool to extract info from your save file in a manner that another tool could place in the game world. Wrye Bash is the swiss army knife of the Oblivion game world ... maybe there's something in it I haven't heard of yet.

If you are going to use the CS, you may as well just build some companions the way you want them. You could go to the mods that the companions you copied came from, or go to the vanilla game, and copy the companions into your new mod.

The CS is much more versatile than the game itself, so you could edit the companions any way you like and do more than you could with just using Companion Recruit and Share. You could change their races, faces, genders, spells, classes, equipment, AI, whatever you want. You might want to check it out.