Dwemer horse aka motorcycle

jartharian

That is a sweet steampunk bike, but seems like something they would put in arcanum if they ever made it again :/? I don't know if this world is advanced for that.....but a clockwork steed would be kind of cool. Either way it would be something fun.

I still don't get that logic, tripping82.. The dwemer have GIANT MECHANIZED CLOCKWORK ROBOTS, as well as clockwork rollerballs which unpack themselves to form attack drones. Exactly what about that is less advanced than what's being discussed?

Edited by Terralventhe

ok i hated the idea in the title was gunna post "yeah lets just make Skyrim/WOW" BUT then i saw what you were looking at for it and well OH HELL YEAH ill DL it and F the more brass comment this look awesome the way it is if anything less brass more of a steel look variant *nods* and with the "Sons of Anarchy" Reaper on it lol that would be tight then make some biker leather armor *nods*

You know, it could just as well be a robotic horse, just a Dwemer styled robotic horse with a special soul gem used to power it, most likely infused with the soul of some mystic horse or possibly even another creature. It could have gaps in its metal plating where light could be "steaming" out and the legs could have hydraulic pistons in them that would make it run faster and jump higher. It could be covered in runes to help keep the soul(s) bound to it and if it ever died the soul sphere inside it could just pull the parts back to it and the horse would be reassembled. Instead of it being a Dwemer built horse, maybe it could be a Dwemer based Steed. Something that Sotha Sil maybe conjured up before his untimely demise. I can see it being part of a quest, the horse could be dying because it needs repairs and no one knows how to fix it and its creator is long dead, after finding someone to study it and perhaps tell you of someone who CAN fix it, you go to that person with newly made schematics of the horse works now and he/she could look at it, make adjustments to the plans and send you back. Perhaps you could find the ghost of Sotha Sil to help you.

I can see it now, a mechanical horse, steam flaring from its nostrils, the sound of gears moving when it moves its neck, eyes glowing yellow and perhaps it could defend itself by breathing fire or generating an electric cloak when in a fight. Also if the modder was talented enough, perhaps it could sort of transform when sprinting, nothing extreme, just vents and other things could open up on its body allowing air to pass through easier and it could tap into its soul gem(s) to increase its power but the soul gems would nearly deplete after so long causing it to go back to normal speeds while it recharges the same way a normal horses stamina does.

• 4 months later...

Mechanical horses are alright but it's copy-cating Vampire Hunter D the anime.

A Dwemer cycle is the best because if you remember the quest in Skyrim that dealt with Mzulft where you had to deal with that researcher from the Thalmor.

Do you all remember how the technology was sat up when you placed the Focusing Crystal and it projected an entire holographic map of the continent of Tamriel?

That researcher mentioned that the Dwemer were using "Star light" as a means of advancing their civilization right when the 9 Divine were going to wipe them out.

Well, that being said, that tells you that the Dwemer are a highly technologically advanced civilization other than the rest of planet Nirn.

These folk worked "strictly" with metal and just think, when they did all that work they HAD to have "vivid" imaginations while being inside those mountains and ruins to come up with the steam punk technology,

So yeah, if I were you all just go for both the Dwemercycle and the Dwemer Horse Mech.

• 6 years later...