I'm cleaning my hands of this nonsense

modder3434

Well games and mods are supposed to be fun.

Constant bickering is not fun.

Skyrim may not be perfect (there is no such thing as a perfect game) but the negativity that it brings forth in people is unbelievable. I was going to post something in the GOTY thread and then I decided not to because of all the ranting going on. Some have expressed interesting concerns about the game but most are simply ranting because Skyrim is not Oblivion. I've tried arguing on specific points in the past but I've given up since it's useless and I only ended up with haters hating me for disagreeing with them.

I really don't like that new mentality on the Skyrim Nexus these days. It's either you're with the haters or you're a fanboy. I don't howl with the wolves and I'm not raving about Skyrim nor I am ranting about it. The game has some flaws but it's much better than what the haters would like us to believe. Still, no matter what the thread is about it will always go back to some form of Skyrim bashing.

IMO if some people choose to see only the bad things then it's their problem.

Also I don't understand people hating the game and still feeling the need to constantly rant about it in the Skyrim forum. Seems to me like an incredible waste of time and energy.

Edited by Shantih

Bah whatever, people have their opinions and they have the right to express them just like you did there, just like the "I love Skyrim"/"I hate Skyrim" people did, so again, whatever, if you wanna quit go ahead, no one will miss you, bye bye :thumbsup:

It's people like you that are part of the problem.

Anyway, modder3434, you were a great contributor to the forums and I hope to see you around and see your mods. Best of luck to you!

I think the real issue for many people is not a love or a hate of Skyrim, but a sense of being appalled at just how buggy it is. We expect bugs with Bethsoft games, but with Skyrim they have been especially serious for many people. Therefore, people will vent about it and who knows, if a big enough momentum gets up, Bethesda might just notice, they may even fix it (although I'm not hopeful.) Some people rightly object to paying good money for what amounts to a beta.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. If you expect uncritical fanboyism, then you will not get it.

I think the real issue for many people is not a love or a hate of Skyrim, but a sense of being appalled at just how buggy it is. We expect bugs with Bethsoft games, but with Skyrim they have been especially serious for many people. Therefore, people will vent about it and who knows, if a big enough momentum gets up, Bethesda might just notice, they may even fix it (although I'm not hopeful.) Some people rightly object to paying good money for what amounts to a beta.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. If you expect uncritical fanboyism, then you will not get it.

There should at least be a middle ground between pure hate and fanboyism.

I totally understand players who complain about bugs and have issues with patches like 1.2 (a total disgrace) but the point is that experiences vary a lot.

In my experience (and I stress that) Skyrim is one of the most stable games I've played. I had more issues with Fallout 3 (and don't get me started on the subject of Fallout New Vegas -until the first patch most of us had to use a custom dll simply to play the game, now that's what beta testing feels like).

I understand the annoyance with bugs for the players who experience them. What I dislike is the rampant hate for the game that has become so vocal on these forums. There are good things and there are bad things but all this constant bashing and ranting is almost as tiresome as the constant reference to the arrow and the knee.

Don't read the forums if you don't like the garbage that the whiners, complainers and general immature, rude and arrogant trolls tend to spew out on a constant basis.

good reply. so true too. :whistling:

Bah whatever, people have their opinions and they have the right to express them just like you did there, just like the "I love Skyrim"/"I hate Skyrim" people did, so again, whatever, if you wanna quit go ahead, no one will miss you, bye bye :thumbsup:

It's people like you that are part of the problem.

Anyway, modder3434, you were a great contributor to the forums and I hope to see you around and see your mods. Best of luck to you!

What Im the problem? Yeah the forums are kinda full of hate but when the CK comes out everything is gonna be changed (I guess), I mean he just need to have some more patience, he's just crying about it like "That's it I quit" or *RAGEQUIT* or even "if you don't stop being mean im gonna quit" I mean seriously... My reply to that could only be "Get. Out." And like I replyed to another guy "He's the one saying "goodbye", im just the one saying "go ahead" so yeah, just clearing that up and I hope you see my point of view too, I mean people have their opinion so let them express it, yeah it can cause flame wars but this is the internet for you, lots of people are imature here so I dunno what are you complaining about, and really? There are some really good discussion threads of "flame wars" sure theres some cursing there but I think most should know how to filter bad and good ya know? Like the "Where's my respect" thread, or some general complaints, Skyrim could be better and the "I love Skyrim" threads are really ridiculous, I mean yeah you like the game you bought and you think it's perfect but don't try to change people wich don't think that, and Skyrim isn't perfect, it could be a lot better you know, Betheda is relying too much on modders to fix their flaws and there are many other aspects to it but you know what? Who cares? I just wanna have fun and play my game, and that's what gonna happen when the CK is out, but some discussion before then it's not bad at all, and why cry about it? You guys should stop overcriticizing the internet because that's how it is, you can't change it, nobody can, and again like I said if you don't like it just "Get. Out."

I hope that atleast changed 0,00000000000001% of the way you saw me and/or what I said

Showing a holier-than-thou attitude does not put you on some moral high ground, quite the opposite i think. A post like this does not really contribute to solving your problem, it does the opposite and i think you know it (and said it yourself). Gotta remember that the first line of defence against flame is to ignore it, and then move on to laugh about it, flame wars can be pretty enjoyable to read if you see some humor to it :thumbsup: Heated arguments won't go away, people are different and therefor view and respond differently, thinking anything else is silly utopian thinking so live with it! :smile: Edited by dickban

Well i have no problem with either of these threads, these forums are here so people can express their opinions...unless someone is forcing his/her view upon you its wrong,if not its just fine...plus i love to eat while reading these threads...popcorn anyone?