Levitate

XxTaLoNxX

While playing today I was climbing a mountain when suddenly I found myself missing a certain spell that was useful in soooo many ways... Levitate. And then a sudden realization occurred to me! In the MOST mountain climbing (haha that's laughable in the game) oriented game done by Bethesda there is no levitate.... what? How can this be? And then another thought occurred to me, in the MOST vertically oriented game by Bethesda THERE IS NO ATHLETICS! Remember the skill that improved jumping and led to some awesome "trick shots" and assassination tech? Remember the skill that lessened the falling damages?

Yeah! What the HECK? Why does this game not have some very essential mechanics that were present in past games that make MORE sense in THIS game as opposed to the other games?

Problem with Levitation is that it can easily ruin the game. Remember Morrowind with Levitation and overpowered potions ?

Also, from the designer point of view, it is almost impossible to mix levitation with the closed cities. Maybe in TES VI, if it will be written in a modern way, for PC. I mean fully 64bit, open cities, destructible world etc.

Levitate and an "unlock" spell.

How could they forget?!

it is almost impossible to mix levitation with the closed cities

Not really. They could spend 1 week and place out collisions in places player should not fly over. Then we could jump down from mountains and live the happy life!

Problem with Levitation is that it can easily ruin the game. Remember Morrowind with Levitation and overpowered potions ?

Also, from the designer point of view, it is almost impossible to mix levitation with the closed cities.

Not really, it would just require more creative city building and limited levitation abusability.

They should not have even came up with the stupid idea to have closed cities, it even breaks immersion for me and i bet others too lol, plus is annoying -.-

Yes, I agree. But you know, those stupid consoles and their hardware limitations...

From the technical point of view, the consoles are pure evil, because it is not possible to write a modern 64bit, multiprocessor application which is using 6,8,12 GB of RAM and 1-2 GB of GPU memory for them.

Without consoles, the whole area of Skyrim can be MUCH larger, with open cities, much more NPC etc.

Sad thing is, that I remember times (since early 90s to approx. 2005) , when the computer games was the main reason behind the hardware development and the whole PC industry. 3D accelerators, GPUs on graphic cards, faster processors, more memory, better development tools like 3DS Max and other graphics/animation software etc.

The consoles totally killed the whole process. :(