I need to set oblivion in english in order to make work a mod, How do i do that?

KommissarAntilus

Hi I wanted to play oblivion so I went trough my old CDs and i've installed it, but since its 2016 i wanted to install some nice mods too to that, one of that is the new Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2, after a long and painful tutorial i finally managed to install it correctly using NMM, but all the npcs went mute, my Oblivion copy is italian, but since the spoken language is english i didnt thought i had any problem with the mod but it turned out that:

*OCOv2 only works with an English language copy of Oblivion as it alters race records and NPCs. Users with other languages will get mute NPCs. It can be patched for other languages, but I'm unable to do that for anyone. Feel free to make your own and I'll gladly link to it from here.

then my next step was to find a method to convert my version into an english one in order to make it work but i have no clue on how to do it and google doesnt help me.

and pls dont tell me to buy the steam version, if i wanted to do it that way i would have done it already

Thanks for your help.

Edited by KommissarAntilus

ok I've done the changes, your fix is right, it changed into english names when i activate the mod, i've fixed that following the txt instructions, but then when it came to the part of ''save everything'' i dont actually know what to do and where to save the esp file, i've saved it in the TES construction directory under the name of 'poop' but when i started the game it didnt work, the npcs are still muted

(i start the game with the OBSE louncher instead of the normal one to make work my mod)

You can also just save and overwrite the original Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp (after making a backup of the original if you wish). I believe to insure your "Poop.esp" works you'll need to keep it lower in your load order than the OCO v2 ESP.

thanks again it kinda works, even though i still dont fully understand how to manage my load order, i'm having a lot of trouble on installing my mods, i'm trying to make the oblivion reloaded + enb works withouth crashing during fast travels and its bugging me a lot

i'm using 3 mod managers mainly, NNM, oblivion mod manager and tes mod manager for oblivion but i just found out that oblivion mod manager is not compatible with tes mod manager.

Use BOSS to sort your load order.

The best mod manager for Oblivion is Wrye Bash, and as a bonus it offers features such as the bashed patch which make it much easier to get mods working together. The two readme files that come with WB (found in the Mopy\Docs folder) are the best way to learn how to use it.