( Video Tutorial) How to Get Custom Weapons Into Skyrim!

somuchmonsters

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a t lot for this tutorial, it's definitely been helpful. Although I am running into a problem. I haven't been able to get a bow model to show up at all ingame, or at least it shows up invisible. I have followed the tutorial and was able to get a sword model to show up without any problem, but I haven't had any luck getting a bow to show up. Does anyone know why that may be?

Should have a tutorial on basic skin mesh importing tonight. Armor with weight slider settings tomorrow or saturday. Question for you guys, though: Should i just be adding them into this thread? Or create a new one per video? I dont know whats best as far as searching out the information. Topics seem easier to see?

Agreed, this should be sticky, people might miss this if the topic is not updated everyday, in a day or two it goes to he 4th, 5th page =S. Well actually I think that there should be a sticky with links to all the tutorials and help trheads like this.

Now OT, great video, I'm going to give a try to the skin wrap modifier and see if I can replace a helmet, is not like I really have any helmet to replace, but practice makes perfect.

Thank you one more time, looking forward to the next video.

EDIT: Ok, I tried the skin wrap mod and it worked like a charm, the weights were almost perfectly placed and now I only have to tweak them a bit, here's were problems arrised. As I said before whenever I import a nif the skin is correct, but the weights are all over the place and modifiying them does nothing, that's why I can't tweak the skin created with skin wrap. I'll post a screen of this

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/Bou-chan_album/weighterror.jpg

Here you can see that modifications have no effect, I exagerated it so it's clearer:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/Bou-chan_album/weighterror2.jpg

If I delete the skin modifier and add a new one the weights work, but everything is messed up. I noticed that the wrong weights seem to be in a 90º angle from their actual correct position, others just look right aligned though =S.

Do you guys know why this happens? I'm pretty sure my importing options are correct but since I'm a noob there may be something I'm missing.

Edited by aoikun