I want to be a Werewolf again...

DovahkhajiitIx

So the companions quest line was the first thing I did and as such was a werewolf very early on. I enjoyed it but since my character was a Khajiit I felt that it wasn't really in character. I was also very interested in vampirism so I cured myself of lycanthropy and went on my merry way. 50 hours of gameplay later I had tired of vampirism and was looking fondly back on my days as a werewolf. Also there is a mod now that changes the werewolf skin to be more catlike and when the creation kit finally comes out I'm sure that will be perfected so that it is a proper werecat. It was then to my horror that I discovered that I could not become a werewolf again. After searching around online I found one youtube video claiming to have the console commands to get lycanthropy. I want to know if there is any other way and if not if the method he describes actually works properly and if not is there a method that will work properly?

Edit: Forgot to actually post the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kLCKOqWEY

Edited by DovahkhajiitIx

That's the problem when curing things like Vamprisim and Lycanthropy...they can't be taken again by that player. So no, console is the only way to become a Werecat(wolf) again. At least until someone mods in a way to get it more then once.

That's the problem when curing things like Vamprisim and Lycanthropy...they can't be taken again by that player. So no, console is the only way to become a Werecat(wolf) again. At least until someone mods in a way to get it more then once.

I was already a Vamp when I started the Companions and didn't realize that they'd blood me into a WW. So that cured my Vamp-ness (which ticked me off to no end) and I spent the rest of that night beating the questline so I could cure the Wolf. Once done, I was able to reacquire the Vamp disease with no problem. So the transformation in the Companion line doesn't break you completely.

You can become a vampire again. During that 50 hours I became a vampire and cured myself twice through Falion. I tried those console commands and they do seem to work. I have beast form now and the resistances.

I want to know if there is any other way and if not if the method he describes actually works properly and if not is there a method that will work properly?

There's a possibility (or a bug?), but I haven't tested it so I can't guarantee it to work. Complete Hircine's quest to get Ring of Hircine as reward. This ring allows you to transform into werewolf as many times as you want. It is also said to let you transform into werewolf after lycanthropy has been cured. But I'm not sure if it's ok for you to get the ring now or you had to get it before lycanthropy is cured. If this works, perhaps it's even better to cure lycanthropy and get the ring - you'll be able to transform and still get the sleeping bonus.

To start the quest to obtain Ring of Hircine, go to Falkreath and speak to Mathies Caerellia.

You can get that quest at any time, werewolf or not, but I don't think the ring works for people are aren't werewolves. I honestly never tried to use the ring when I wasn't a werewolf.

You can get that quest at any time, werewolf or not, but I don't think the ring works for people are aren't werewolves. I honestly never tried to use the ring when I wasn't a werewolf.

That's not what I was saying. I know you can get the quest at any time. The question is, does the ring bug work if the quest is taken when you're already not a werewolf? This article claims there's a glitch that allows to transform into werewolf even if lycanthropy is cured after the ring is obtained. The thing is, I don't know if it allows to do the same if lycanthropy is cured before the ring is obtained.

Also note that it's probably a glitch, so after one of Bethesda's patches it might stop working.

• 4 weeks later...