where to go next?

ZainHallows

See, i think that is my issue, I'm Fast Traveling everywhere, i haven't even done the Main Quest yet, but it still seems like I'm stuck, i want to do the Main Quest, but i really don't feel like climbing the 7000 steps, lol, so i started new, (Killed the Dark Brotherhood the first time), so it's a never ending cycle, lol

It pays to not fast travel. I'm lvl 61, got the game on the 11th, still on my 1st character. I walk EVERYWHERE unless I have to go from Solitude to Riften (havent found a good mountain pass there - but I will eventually!) and I'll hire a carriage for that to be "real" about it. But if I'm just a couple Holds away, it's time for a hike, baby! Oh, and I'm nowhere with the Dragon MQ or the Stormcloak/Imperial MQ.

I'm just traipsing along, and I did it myyyyyy wayyyyyy. /Sinatra

Im not a nazi non fast traveller I don't flagellate when I do but nor do I just jump between everywhere I like to explore the map but when it comes to walking the 7000 steps I walk to Ivarstead and then fast travel up the hill (it's boring as). But I do entirely advocate travelling on foot between your quest targets it is hugely helpful. If you are level 30+ when you do the companions quest line you come out with some really sick gear and lots of money. Travelling between towns will allow you to level much more before you have 'completed' the game.

As to the armour and weapons my personal experience is:

10 - Steel

15 - Orcish

20 - Dwarven

25 - Elven

30 - Glass

35 - Ebony

40 - Very small amounts of Daedric.

Off Topic but from Solitude head East to Labyrinthian. It's in a pass you can take SouthEast to Whiterun. Then South again to Helgen and East to Riften. Now get walking!

RP

Thanks! I figured there was a pass somewhere near Helgen that led to Riften. Gonna grab that hiking stick today!

I just finished the MQ at level 28 and I still have about a hundred things lined up in the quest journal, mostly the misc stuff but I have yet to do most of the College stuff and haven't touched the Companions line yet. I also still have about half of the Word Walls to find and most of the Dragon Priest masks. Look in your journal, pick a quest and head on off in that direction, if you're level 27 you either still have a ton of stuff you can do or need to start talking to NPCs to get the quests :)

My character is not quite level 30, and I have 120 hours in the game. I'm having a fantastic time, and I'm exploring for the most part- just wandering. I've joined the Stormcloaks, cleared a couple towns of Imperials for them in large scale battles. I've climbed the steps, and have a lot of shouts and have returned the horn to the dwarves. I've slain a dozen dragons, solved the murders in Winterhelm, bought a couple houses.

Saved the land from vampires-three times, Swiped info from the nasty high elves, been pursued by multiple assassins, met Cicero, found the lost hermit on the unscalable mountain and survived his voodoo doll.

Two score of bandit camps have fallen to my arrows. I have one 100 perk, in sneak.

The dragon shouts are cool, and powerful as hell...but only if you are imaginative in their use.

I'm not bored,I've hardly started and rather than get led around by the nose just following the main quests, I strike out on my own around the various cities I find myself in.

That's the way to get the most out of this game. Don't do the main quests in sequence....live a little and walk instead of fast traveling about!

I Never Understood people who just go from quest to a quest. I mean com'on, SKYRIM IS HUGE!!! You seriously never stopped and wondered "Hey, can I kill a Giant??" Or "What is that random cave, maybe there is some new items" Or "This is too easy, maybe I should play on hardest and test my skills". I have 80 hours of gameplay and I just finished main story and mage guild. I still bunch to do.

We mainly go from quest to quest on our first playthroughs, due to the fact that the game is still new and, I don't know if I speak for everyone else when I say that, when I first played, I just wanted to get the Main Quest over and done with, but when we play again, we take the time to explore and do some of the Side Quests, all in all, it's just how the people who plays the game, plays the game, everyone has his/her own play style.