We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

moxica

Or you get a really awesome-looking weapon, like this one;

http://i43.tinypic.com/6stits.png

And then 5 minutes later you salvage the prismere hammer below it and make a weapon that's about twice as good.

Yeah exactly this, blacksmithing is just op...i just wish i could salvage the weapon designs too...that way i craft a weapon with awesome stats...but it looks like some Jack's the farmer's steel pole...sigh.

What i absolutely love is how the npc's react to me after being leader of house of ballads and buying a title...makes me so proud when they announce me or just call me your highness...a really nice change after the idiotic npc remarks from skyrim...i feel like my character has a place in the amalur world.

Edited by pavy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing this game for a week solidly and am totally enamoured with it (in other words I love it).

It's vibrant, full of detail, full of characters and wonderful stories and so much to see and do, its totally breathtaking. I've got it on the highest settings and I have a FPS of between 45 and 70 whilst running around and in the cities, which are so detailed its amazing. To me this game puts Skyrim to shame in the amount of detail and the way in which you can do what you want when you want and how you want. I've had no CTDs and all quests completed so far (approximately 130) have completed with no problems.

If there are any faults they are the character creation which is basic but the characters are beautiful and wonderful to play and the lack of storage or rather the limited storage (155 items max in a stash chest) and 120 items max on one's person. Now the storage is peculiar as although I've said 155 and 120 this means individual items however the amount of reagants is 99 then a new "item" is created the same with potions, blacksmithing and sagecraft.

Its difficult to gain full sets of armor which looks cool and to decide between due to the limit of storage, however I tend to sell to the same people whilst buying widely therefore can "sell" sets for storage with these individuals. Although expensive to buy back, its usually the only thing to spend your money on as you accumulate it very quickly as you progress.

This game is bright, different areas and detailing, the scenery beautiful and lush (even in the desert areas) the characters wonderfully detailed and the back stories the same.

A wonderful experience and I advise you to at least give the demo a go. If a creation kit is created I can't wait to see what could be done as to me it would be limitless.

I put this aside the last week so I could complete another ME2 playthrough before ME3 arrives, having lost my previous ME2 saves. This week I'm going to try and finish this game so I can focus entirely on ME3 on Friday. Hope I can get it finished this week, as the game is VAST. I just finished up the grasslands area and the desert area and then broke the siege at the city, so now it's only that last part to go.

Also, playing pure rogue is pretty tough. Switched to Might soon after.

I put this aside the last week so I could complete another ME2 playthrough before ME3 arrives, having lost my previous ME2 saves. This week I'm going to try and finish this game so I can focus entirely on ME3 on Friday. Hope I can get it finished this week, as the game is VAST. I just finished up the grasslands area and the desert area and then broke the siege at the city, so now it's only that last part to go.

Also, playing pure rogue is pretty tough. Switched to Might soon after.

Im nearing the end of the game now...i have to say im completely captured by it and yes playing a rogue is really hard, but not in a good way more like each fight is a chore...you would think that with such good combat they would have made the class trees balanced but the rogue is just underpowered.

Im always playing an assassin but this game sadly made them usless in terms of sneaking and you end up just button mashing all the time, yes you can 1hit someone with backstab for insane damage but its good for nothing when in most cases the enemy sees you long before you get to it.. why to stay in finesse when you can just go might that is pure button mashing but makes a good job in doing so.

Wont comment on bows as in my opinion they are the biggest joke in this game.

Im curently a mix of might and a bit of sorcery and its awesome...i have to say i didnt had so much fun playing a game in a long time, this game was worth each penny.

Must admit I agree. I too play might and magic mix and I'm very disappointed as I love bow working but agree, bows do suck terribly in this game. Have had to adapt my game style as a result :)

The game is huge and I'm just in Adessa now and still playing with side quests and popping in and out of the main ones (when I realise that I'm in an area where I can do something). I'm mainly mucking around looking at everything and finding all kinds of stuff.

Great game and I do hope that it continues in a series or the like. I would prefer more storage and the like but that isn't a game buster for me to be honest.

Yeah, one of my biggest gripes with the game is that enemies can easily interrupt your attacks, but you can't interrupt theirs. Playing as a rogue this is really, really frustrating, seeing as a single mistake can cost you a fight.

Yeah the interrupts are really annoying, especially if you are trying to do a melee or magic power attack wich you need to charge up first, then suddenly puff interrupted by some enemy on the other side of the map who decided to shoot an arrow. :wallbash:

They could have really added some interrupt resistance based on your armor or something like that...thats why its good to have might as a core because as soon as you get the skill where you are immune to it the fights get really fun as you dont have to allways roll arround like a jester and hope you wont get hit.

That also brings me to another annoying thing...the dodging...it could be really more responsive, you can roll 2 times in a row, but after that you need to wait like 1 sec for the animation playing to end.. that 1 sec counts like hell in the fights and once an enemy starts to hit you with its chain attacks...yeah...you can basicaly just look like your hero is getting ripped to shreds by chain attacks of 2 or more enemies.

Must admit I agree. I too play might and magic mix and I'm very disappointed as I love bow working but agree, bows do suck terribly in this game. Have had to adapt my game style as a result :)

The game is huge and I'm just in Adessa now and still playing with side quests and popping in and out of the main ones (when I realise that I'm in an area where I can do something). I'm mainly mucking around looking at everything and finding all kinds of stuff.

Great game and I do hope that it continues in a series or the like. I would prefer more storage and the like but that isn't a game buster for me to be honest.

Yeah i dont know what they thought when making the bows like that...seriously...but then again the bows and scepters really feel like a side kick in this game.

I hope too that it will continue, they did a really awesome job with the world and even though it parts are just corners, the game still feels monstrous plus all the quests where many of them let you stand before a choice that alters the outcome...really good.

I read somewhere the creators said that if this is going to be a sucess they might release mod tools for the next game...now we just need it to be more open and i can happyly put tes games to a corner.

The design and writting are far above skyrim wich really feels like a childs play against this game in my opinion.

@ Pavvy, I concur. I've not played Skyrim in over a week as I got so fed up with the continual CTDs and quests that kept failing to fire properly.

This game has none of those issues and the quests are pretty amazing. The detail is superb and like I said you can see the difference in the games whilst playing.

Time will tell I guess and we will have to wait and see.

I'm looking for a bit of help, I love this game so much but I'm stuck on a main (side?) quest. It's called "The Great General". The problem is that before I received the wind chime I had already visited 3 of the rune stones and now it seems I cannot reactivate them with the wind chime, so I could only use the wind chime at two of the stones. I cannot seem to interact with either pre-visited rune stones or the wind chime in my inventory in anyway. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help? Or is there a site that has an active community for this game?