Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

moxica

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not having much luck with it though. Made self a nice Dark Elf and then it froze after chargen. Server issues I think.

Nope. I get to create a character and then...that's it. It tells you to use WASD to move around but I was stuck with a black screen and got no response to my mouse or keyboard. Apart from if I hit ESC to go to the menu.

Not very impressed.

I am not having much luck with it though. Made self a nice Dark Elf and then it froze after chargen. Server issues I think.

Nope. I get to create a character and then...that's it. It tells you to use WASD to move around but I was stuck with a black screen and got no response to my mouse or keyboard. Apart from if I hit ESC to go to the menu.

Not very impressed.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?2221-Blank-Black-Screen-with-the-Demo-Please-Read!

I liked the demo. The game looks fun.

edit; The demo and game are available on Steam as well.

Edited by darkling23

Server issues I think.

How do you have server issues in a single player game, I wonder? :P

Edited by jhardingame

Because when I tried to log into my EA account, which you have to do in order to play the demo, I had several "failed to connect to the server" messages before I got through.

Sorry, attempt to point score fail...you do have to log in, really. It says so in the blurb of the demo.

From their FAQ, looks like Steam is the way to go.....

General PC Version Questions

Do I need to register the PC version of Reckoning with Origin prior to play? Does that require the Origin client if I purchased Reckoning on Steam?

All PC versions of Reckoning, except for the Steam version, require a one-time authentication through Origin and the Origin client. If you purchase Reckoning through Steam, you only need to authenticate the game through Steam.

Does Reckoning require an internet connection every time I play, or do I only need to connect once to register the game?

You only need to connect to the internet once to register your copy of Reckoning. After that, no internet connection is required.

Will I be able to digitally download Reckoning from Origin? Or, if I ordered a PC hard copy, will I be able to take the registration key contained with the disc and use that through Origin to download the game?

Each retailer is offered their own incentives for customers, so downloadable versions of the game are available only directly through either Origin or Steam. Retail copies of the game must be installed from a disc.

Will I be able to 'pre-load' the game before launch?

Both Steam and Origin will be offering this option. Origin will be offering pre-loading approximately 72 hours before launch. (We'll update with additional Steam info when get get it!)