Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

moxica

Does anyone have the same problems as me? There isn't anything after the main cinamatic, the graphics doesn't register on my computer and all I see is black.

Yes, that's a problem with post-processing, we were discussing this a few pages back.

Turn post-processing off in the graphics menu and it should be fine.

I searched around their forums a bit and found out that this (and most of the bugs you encounter during the demo) is already fixed in the final version of the game.

Thanks, forgot about that.

Edit: Just finished the demo, would consider buying it now

Edited by brokenergy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very informative interview.

I love his view on the single player experience and couldn't agree more. I was so happy to hear that! MMO's have their place in the market, but the single player game is the meat and tatters of the industry.

This is an understanding that a gamer, not some suit, would grasp. All suits want is a quick buck and I believe they have ruined much of gaming. I wish they'd leave the industry and run off and find something else to screw up.

I really hope that the young people that he is working with will continue in his footsteps!

Down with the suits!

Up with the gamers!

Thanks for linking that!!

I cant wait to buy it! And thank god this game does not force you to install steam or origin if we buy the retail dvd box.

Anyway, I need to ask if this game supports moding?! I asked in reckoning forum and they said, they didnt have lots of time to create a toolset coming with the game. But is in the feature plans of 38 studios, to give us a toolset.

So the question is, is it gonna earn a website in nexus? I will invest in this game, I hope so.. :) And its very light game!! I mean 80-100fps 1920/1080 ress (with my i7 870 and gtx480)

Edited by ermacos

I cant wait to buy it! And thank god this game does not force you to install steam or origin if we buy the retail dvd box.

Anyway, I need to ask if this game supports moding?! I asked in reckoning forum and they said, they didnt have lots of time to create a toolset coming with the game. But is in the feature plans of 38 studios, to give us a toolset. Also I noticed from the demo, that creates almost the same file system like skyrim in documents, etc

So the question is, is it gonna earn a website in nexus? I will invest in this game, I hope so.. :) And its very light game!! I mean 80-100fps 1920/1080 ress (with my i7 870 and gtx480)

The retail DVD requires Origin, the only version that doesn't is the Steam one. On modding they were pretty positive but that seems to have gone out of the window, they're happy for people to mod it but there won't be any tools.

No in reckoning forums they say: steam and origin purchase requires origin to run. But retail dvd, does not require origin to run (or install in our pc), we only register the game to origin. In EA forums, people speak the oposite.. But i always read 38 studios (oficial reckoning forums). Its a lie??

As for the tools, a developer told me that as an asnwer, in reckoning forums, not the EA forums. pfff

Here is the oficial reckoning forums by 38 studios and there is plenty topics about origin, and the answer is always, that if we purchase a dvd copy, does not require origin, only registration.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/

ps: well.. I am going to read carefully the retail box before I buy.. I dont want get angry yet.. lol

Edited by ermacos

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?2167-Reckoning-Available-Now-on-Steam!

Do I need to register the PC version of Reckoning with Origin prior to play? Does that require the Origin client if I purchased Reckoning on Steam?

All PC versions of Reckoning, except for the Steam version, require a one-time authentication through Origin and the Origin client. If you purchase Reckoning through Steam, you only need to authenticate the game through Steam.

Origin and steam are the same thing for me with different masks.. Here is a topic in reckoning forums.. http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?2698-Origin-req-or-just-EA-account-I-will-not-install-Origin...

"If you buy a hard copy of the game you do not need the Origin Client.

If you buy it via Steam you do not need the Origin Client.

What is up in the air still is if you purchase a downloadable copy of the game from somewhere other than Steam, I don't think it is known if that will require the Origin client or not."

Edited by ermacos

He's wrong, this is the community manager, it's a done deal.....

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5194/70232620.jpg

I'd much prefer a clean disk but it looks like it's going to have to be Steam, I sure as hell won't have Origin on my system.

what a big pita... lol

is it wise or applicable to ask, if there is an origin ... "emulator" I mean to buy the retail and, do it offline..? I mean I already forgot the idea of purchasing ME3, even if I bought 1-2 and I have a character for migration.. pff.. their loss.. not mine.. lol

Edited by ermacos