Invisible Dawnstar Chest? O_o

JamesWhiteTLZ

this looks like a mixed loot chest shared by several merchants.

merchants sell stuff based on a tag system. blacksmiths will only buy and sell things that are tagged as weapons, armor, or smithing materials, for instancce. SO i'm guessing that even if all that stuff were in the blacksmith's vendor chest, they'd only be selling the things that fit their persona.

most likely the local alchemist uses it too, and perhaps a few other people

If you sell them to Ahkari just out side of Dawnstar thats her chest of her items and you can sell the items you get from the chest to her and go back to the chest and take them and sell them to her again just wait 2 days for her to get more money!

or this. that's actually a better explanation. it belongs to the khajiit.

this is sloppyness on the part of the npc designer

Merchant inventories are commonly stored in chests but it was common practice (at least in the older elder scrolls games) to put the chest in a non accessable cell block, like behind an impassable wall. It was also common to lock the chests and if they contained to much valuables to not allow the lock to be picked. Just making it an invisible texture some where reeks of bad habit.

How the hell did some one find it?

the most obvious answer would be someone trying to hide while sneak attacking a guard or something with a bow. then accidentally stumbling over the chest.

A reason to hide might have been a certain Dark Brotherhood quest ...

I love this chest. I will put black sould gems into it and will finally have someone to buy them from. Wait. That makes no sense. Unless i took an arrow to the knee.

Edited by olafreinhardweyer