Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I'm looking for a mod, that let's NPCs jump over obstacles like a player does.

My relevant searches gave no result,

Thanks in advance :wink:

I don't think that's possible. AI driven NPCs are programmed to choose paths without any obstacles. And I'm not sure, if AI behavior could be redone only with CreationKit or even scripts.. I'm pretty sure, that this is hardcoded ;))

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been searching for hours without finding it so I figured I'd ask here. I am pretty sure I had seen a mod which alters when other mods start running after the game starts, but now that I'm looking for it I can't seem to find it. If anyone happens to know where it is and is willing to post a link I would be very grateful.

I've been searching for hours without finding it so I figured I'd ask here. I am pretty sure I had seen a mod which alters when other mods start running after the game starts, but now that I'm looking for it I can't seem to find it. If anyone happens to know where it is and is willing to post a link I would be very grateful.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38151

I think this is what you are looking for ;))

Is there a house mod that has a house that isn't a huge castle, but has ALL of the crafting stations? And I mean all, chopping block, forge, smelter, tanning rack, workbench, sharpening wheel, atronach forge, staff maker, throwy spider maker, cook pot, enchanting, and alchemy lab. Preferably all in the same room, with plenty of storage. I need a house that has all of the functions I need close by. Pluses for being in a decent location, perhaps near a town to sell stuff. I have tried about 10 house mods and most were either too big, too far away, or were over powered. And none of them had every crafting station.

So far my favorite is Whiterun Mansion, but it lacks an atronach forge, staff maker, and throwy spider maker.

Edited by cronodevir

I'm looking for a mod, that let's NPCs jump over obstacles like a player does.

My relevant searches gave no result,

Thanks in advance :wink:

I don't think that's possible. AI driven NPCs are programmed to choose paths without any obstacles. And I'm not sure, if AI behavior could be redone only with CreationKit or even scripts.. I'm pretty sure, that this is hardcoded :wink:)

I have an idea about that :)

Since the terrain is made of polygons and jumps has a certain height can't it calculate the difference between the ground it is on and the place it wants to be in and if it is lower/equal to the jump height thus deciding to choose that way?

Long thread is long! Does anyone know if there is a mod that puts the correct number of beds in houses? For example the smith and his assistant in Windhelm live together but they only have one single bed to sleep in and so one of them is always up at night. There are a few houses with this problem including the Battle-Borns' house and Bits and Pieces. It really cramps my thief character's style!

Hi. Is there a mod that let's me use their custom poses through playidle or other console commands like that mfg console mod?

I really don't like using rings, spells or chests like pinup poser or puppeteer suggest because they are cumbersome.

Nothing beats the simplicity of codes.

Thank you.

Edited by LOL50015

Are there any mods out there that give horses more idle animations? Like, grazing?

Horse idle animations like grazing, pawing, petting or head-shaking are in vanilla game, but the conditions needed for "random playing" are often too excessive...

E.g. chance, that the horse petting idle animation will play, is only ca. 3%. Besides, somebody has to be sitting on that horse. In addition, you have to be watching. Altogether, I wouldn't been surprised, if nobody haven't ever seen this animation...

I've made this esp - the random chance is increased for these idle animations :wink:

*open console, select ridden horse and type "playidle horseidlepet" (the animation will play only after both numbers will be under 50, so you'll have to type this command few times to achieve that)

Hey! Your .esp works great for showing petting! I had legitimately never seen that animation before I installed your mod. Thank you. :) I'm not seeing grazing, though. Is there something I have to type into the console for that as well?

Are there any mods out there that give horses more idle animations? Like, grazing?

Horse idle animations like grazing, pawing, petting or head-shaking are in vanilla game, but the conditions needed for "random playing" are often too excessive...

E.g. chance, that the horse petting idle animation will play, is only ca. 3%. Besides, somebody has to be sitting on that horse. In addition, you have to be watching. Altogether, I wouldn't been surprised, if nobody haven't ever seen this animation...

I've made this esp - the random chance is increased for these idle animations :wink:

*open console, select ridden horse and type "playidle horseidlepet" (the animation will play only after both numbers will be under 50, so you'll have to type this command few times to achieve that)

Hey! Your .esp works great for showing petting! I had legitimately never seen that animation before I installed your mod. Thank you. :smile: I'm not seeing grazing, though. Is there something I have to type into the console for that as well?

Whoops! I accidentally used my brother's account to send that.