Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

You know those pop up menus for forging, alchemy, enchanting etc. that ask you if you're sure you want to do something, and you have to use your mouse to click "yes" or "no" (or, occasionally, "ok")? I'm looking for a mod that will let you use your keyboard to navigate those menus

Hey LazerWulf, it's your lucky day:

Better MessageBox Controls does exactly that and it happens to be a hot mod in nexus right now (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28170).

Concerning user interface improvements, and by the same author, you might want to check Better Dialogue Controls (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27371), which solves the issue of selecting the wrong dialogue option due to interface design flaws.

I recommend and endorse both effective, minimum size, no issues mods. ;-)

I shamelessly take the chance to remind that I am desperately looking for real-time lockpicking, either as a mod, or as advice about if it's possible to implement it!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mod that makes guards not so cowardly? By default guards never help the player in a fight, they just cower away like a bunch of losers. I tested this by spawning some bandits right next to some guards, the bandits started attacking the player, then the guards all just ran away whispering "oh! A fight!" instead of trying to attack the bandits.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a mod that will basically reset all the dungeons in the game to my current level, making re-doing old dungeons still challenging at higher character levels.

ie, old dungeons that I entereed with a low level character, when reset will generate high level enemies rather than keeping the original low level ones.

Thanks,

Hey Kymmenen SEU has a type of real time lockpicking i think, i got it for the lockbashing ability for my barbarian with sausage fingers, can barely use a key much less a lock >.< here is the link http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26322

Anubisraven there is one, it is a quest mod that allows you to become a king of a city called riverhelm, never tried it but it looks interesting. Link is here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16374

Also I was wondering if there was a mod that allowed you to direct what facial expression your character had? I see tons and tons of pics of chars, but none of them seem to be smiling :( I understand that ppl in Skyrim don't have a ton to smile about, but there are things that exist :D

Edited by Marine0351W

@Marine, SEU looks interesting as a mod, but what I am looking for is a mod which doesn't change the lockpicking system (so you still use the vanilla lockpicking mini-game), but while you do it, time doesn't freeze. I think it would be much more interesting to know that I have to quickly find the "sweet spot" of that lock before a guard comes in -when the whole world pauses for me to pick a lock, there is no point really in investing in lockpicking perks, as with enough patience, you can always pick the lock 100% safely.

I would like some help with this please:

I've downloaded the Nexus Mod Manager and installed the mods I've downloaded (I can see the boxes checked for the mods under the "Mods"-tab).

Then I open the Skyrim launcher > Select "Data files" and select which mods I want to activate in the game > start the game and the mods I've activated in "Data files" is there in the game. BUT only the mods under the "Plugins"-tab in the NMM is showing up under "Data files" so I cannot activate any other mods than those and therefore a lot of them doesn't work in the game.

What am I doing wrong, appreciate help. Thanks in advance!

I know this is a week old already, but in case you never found out the solution to your problem, if I understand you right, I think the thing is that once you have added the mods by double clocking on them in the NMM, you still have to launch Skyrim through NMM itself (there is a drop-down button at the upper left corner) instead of using the good old launcher. Basically, the NMM is an advanced and improved substitute for the launcher.

Hope it helps,

Cheers!

Edited by kymmenen

is there a mod that removes children from the game?

I realize this could be game breaking, but at the moment, all of my children are stuck and won't animate at all, when I have not installed a single mod that effects them in any way, and I simply can't seem to solve the issue. I just can't play my game with children standing around like they are infected with a horrible case of rock joint, it's so immersion breaking it's not funny.

The only issue I see here, is the Dark Brotherhood quest, and of coarse hearthfire, but I have no interest in adopting children anyways.

hey im looking for a mod ive had but i lost it when my hdd broke

i dont remember the name but i remember some of the key features it had

the main thing i liked was you had to find a ring as part of a small quest but once you had the ring you could teleport to your house from anywhere

you could turn your house into a cube and move it anywhere within skyrim

it looked like a big stone dwarvish watchtower when it was out

does anyone know what mod im talking about???

hey im looking for a mod ive had but i lost it when my hdd broke

i dont remember the name but i remember some of the key features it had

the main thing i liked was you had to find a ring as part of a small quest but once you had the ring you could teleport to your house from anywhere

you could turn your house into a cube and move it anywhere within skyrim

it looked like a big stone dwarvish watchtower when it was out

does anyone know what mod im talking about???

Oh, you mean the TARDIS? :P

What you're looking for is called FC Kagrenacs Instant Fortress by Flatline42, and is found here