Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for a simple weapon mod. I'd like a holy/paladin style broadsword (or better yet SkyrimRedone style longsword) or greatsword. Something without a lot of effects and not a massive Japanese anime 1 foot thick blade. Something reasonably realistic would be nice.

I really like the look of the Divine Aegis Armor HD mod, but the sword is really lacking, the visual effects and the overall look are just not doing for me. Something more inline with the armor would be great. Or something closer to the Silver/Ebony longsword from Immersive weapons but with a silver/gold trim. I'm definitely open to any suggestions.

I've looked at Immersive, Lost Longswords, Jaysus swords and the chronicles of steel, but nothing's jumping out at me yet. Any ideas would be appreciated!

I'm always looking for more immersive mods, however they're not always in the immersive category on Nexus. Any suggestions or hidden gems would be appreciated!

You can always go look at Skyrim Gems. They have a host of immersive mods listed there. Their page on the nexus is http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23826

I'm looking for a mod that adds in an ability called "Vampire puppeteer" or something to that effect. Basically what it does is it gives vampire characters an ability that allows them to either frenzy, pacify, or drain someone's health. I had it a while ago, but I don't anymore, and I can't find it again.

I'm looking for a mod that I either dreamed up or caught a fleeting glance of. The small details of it that I remember is it continued the Blades questline and also continued the Dark Brotherhood questline. I seem to remember either it including something similar to The paarthurnax dilemma or having a dependency on that mod.

That's all I can remember.

I't pretty easy to find adaptions of vanilla armors, but looking for original armors for UNP that look like a thing that an adventurer might wear in real life is proving to be a challenge for me. Just as long as it's something in the heavy or light armor categories that at least covers the vital organs (so the whole front of the torso and the back of the body, some arm and leg skin is okay and not necessarily immersion breaking). That been said, Skyrim is a high fantasy world with magic and enchantments, so I'm okay with the lighter armors looking more like clothing than something made from animal hide on a tanning rack. I've had a browse through the UNP clothing merchant mod that complied 13 or more different mods together http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24684//?

I've found less than 5 outfits which look like something a sane person would go to battle in, and only one of them were a light armor.

If in doubt, take a good look at the armor/clothing and ask to yourself "would an idiot wear that into a civil war"? If the answer is yes, then it probably won't meet expectations.

Hey, hopefully one of you knows of a mod im looking for.

I would like to be able to buy all of the materials needed for hearthfire home building.

I want the option of building a house up without having to level smithing, since this character is not a smith.

ideally a mod that adds all the needed items, nails, locks, etc ( anything you would have to craft ) to exsisting vendors, perhaps to the smithing vendors.

A mod that adds a special vendor for those would work as well. I would like the materials to be a bit costly, so it takes some adventuring time and ruin raiding to be able to afford the next bit of my house.

I guess at the least a mod that removes the smithing exp from the crafting i could deal with, though I'd prefer one of the others.

Thanks for your help in finding this

Edited by mekeleb