Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hello there

I'm looking for a mod which makes weapons go sheathed when you select magic.

My engrish fails ,sorry. I mean like when you press R your weapon goes to the belt or on your back , but when you select spells your weapons vanish

No idea if this is ever possible, maybe there is a mod which does so.

I think the basic hotkey function does that. I assign shield and sword to 1 and 2 and spells to 3-6. When I press 1, the shield is equipped, when I press 3, the shield vanishes and the spell is loaded, and vice versa.

If that's what you're looking for, open the Favorites menu, hover over something you've added to it, and press a key from 1-8 to set the hotkey. I'm still unable to get 1 hotkey to equip 2 items/spells at once, but I hear there's a way to do that too.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there

I'm looking for a mod which makes weapons go sheathed when you select magic.

My engrish fails ,sorry. I mean like when you press R your weapon goes to the belt or on your back , but when you select spells your weapons vanish

No idea if this is ever possible, maybe there is a mod which does so.

I think the basic hotkey function does that. I assign shield and sword to 1 and 2 and spells to 3-6. When I press 1, the shield is equipped, when I press 3, the shield vanishes and the spell is loaded, and vice versa.

If that's what you're looking for, open the Favorites menu, hover over something you've added to it, and press a key from 1-8 to set the hotkey. I'm still unable to get 1 hotkey to equip 2 items/spells at once, but I hear there's a way to do that too.

No , I think I wrote not a very good description. I mean I dont want my weapon to dissapear. i want it sheathed when I use magic. Holding on the belt in 3rd person view.

Edited by burbuu

Hey I have a request, I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of mods here, and I would like to request some assistance to track the list of mods that I want.

Allow me to add to XEScreams' list for gameplay/spells/combat mods. I'm more on the mage crafting side, but I want my gameplay to rock as well. I've starred the key ones that fit your description.

*Ancient Spells - Morrowind and Oblivion Spells

*Balanced Magic

Basic SMithing Perk

Beauty Faces and Press Out the Forehead (lol- it really does)

Bound Weapons Redux

*Dragons Diversified

*Duel- Combat Realism (this works well for making enemies fight better)

Fight or Fly

Guard Faction Armor (lets you use guard armor as disguise!)

*Horse Commands (saddlebags + follow/stay commands)

Immediate Dragons

*ipHUD Complete (must-have, keeps your bars ON the friggin screen)

JK Crafting Breakdown

Less Overpowered Enchanting and Alchemy

Lighter Alchemy Ingredients

Lightweight Scrolls

Long Lost Smelters of Skyrim

Lost Art of the Blacksmith

Mage College Dorm Alchemy Table and Bag

No Kill Moves

*PISE - Pluto's Improved Skyrim Experience (this seems to make a lot better, still checking it out - AI might override/be overridden by Duel)

Racially Motivated Overhaul

*Realistic Lighting w/out Post Processing (X recommended the other, I use without 'cause of weaker CPU)

*Rolinors Realistically Weighted Weapons

*SkyUI (must-have, and must have SKSE installed and launching game to use)

Spell Sneak Attacks

Unique Region Names (sets your savegame to the name of the region instead of just Skyrim)

Weapons of the Third Era

*World Map - Skyrim Hold Borders

Zany 3 Runes

I'm also trying out Alternate Start - Live Another Life and Occupy Skyrim, but I dunno if they work ok yet.

Hello! I'm trying to track down Dark Age weaponry, circa c6-c1100 kit, of Dane, Seaxon, Englisc, Frank design, but so far I'm turning up nothing. I've found the superbly excellent Chronicles of Steel pack, but this lacks decent axes - the 'war axe' in that is a woodcutters axe. No 2-handed axe used purposefully on the battlefield would have a double head - spreads the weight, reducing the power of the strike, increases the overall weight of the weapon (making it more tiring to use) and increases the chance of hitting a friend behind you - I digress. I'm looking for any mods that include Dane/Hedsmark axes, trondr & other bearded axes, Peterson type swords and so on.

Anyone seen anything like this? Would be perfect for Skyrim. All I can find are bent Asian rubbish (such as katanas) or garish, over-sized fantasy stuff, which really does not appeal in the slightest.

If anyone's seen any decent maille hauberk/haubergeon mods as well that would be a great help.

Cheers!

Edited by toastmonster

Ah! Mod detectives! Just what I need!

This one will most likely be quite easy for you, but here goes.

I am desperately seeking "Performance and Bugfix ENBSeries 092 Patch 5."

It's supposed to allow Skyrim to run on low end PC's.

I have found all sorts of sites that link here as the source of the file, but then this site says it "encountered a problem."

So...any help you can give me in finding this elusive mod would be most appreciated!

Is there a mod/tweak to show all the options in dialogue menu? I hate scrolling, I want to be able to see every line with one look.

+1, anything we can do to help fix this godawful UI!

I am not sure I'll get an answer but I'll shoot anyway. Is there an animation fix for torches on horseback? It's weird that Oblivion was fine (it's not like they changed the engine or anything).

Is there a tool to export characters and use them as followers in another save?

Hi! I'm looking for a mod (or group of mods or combination of mods and console commands or what the hell ever will work) so I can marry Sheogorath...or at least have him as a follower instead of only being able to summon him for 60 seconds per day. IT'S NOT ENOUGH DAMNIT. *cries* Also, being able to get him naked would be nice too.....

*100% Sheo fangirl and proud of it*