Splash Screens: The Mystery

frasil

I searched the forum but didn't find any info on this. Does anyone know if adding new splash screens to the game's loading screens can be done? I took a .jpg, converted it to .tga and put it in the 'splash' folder with all the rest. But when it does come up it's just a white screen! :wacko:

It'd be nice to give the loading time some variety. Does anyone know how to do this?

Nope. But it would be wicked cool because right now its like: Nix Houn (five seconds later) Nix Hound (five seconds later) Silt Strider etc. Who cares about a crappy drawing! :angry2: :) It would be cool if it was like your journal so you can get updated (if you haven't played for a long time, or maybe a map of vvardenfell or some real screenshots.)

No need to overwrite, they just have to be propper format and axactly same size as originals. I do not remember where I got 3 new ones, (Bonewalker, Dremora and Dreugh) :P but I just put them to the same folder where originals were and now I have 3 more splash screens.

I didn't bother creating some new by myself, but I guess it should be easy as long as you know the size and the format they must be. :)

Archived