Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

With dawnguard released I'm giving this game another go. But this time I'm looking for a few improvements but don't know where to start.

My biggest concern was always that the game was too easy. browsed through the first 20 pages of uploaded files but got lost in the jungle!

Mod for making it harder/new monsters/smarter ai on humans etc?

Mod for harder dragons

Maybe something to spice up a few cities if there's any good mods of those around. Making them bigger / more questlines.

Maybe something to make the world more... living? More bandit packs, travelers whatever!

Just more content simply!

I'm not looking for anything that will break the balance like godly items etc. But any other suggestions you might have on any mod you might like is welcome

I think SkyRe does some of that.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm simply looking for a mohawk for my male orc that isn't made of dreadlocks. The one wood elves have would work, even, but I can't even seem to find that properly fitted for an orcish skull. I did try a mod that gave all the hairstyles to all the races, but they weren't edited at all, so any with "buzzed" portions sat oddly on the skulls for the wrong races.

Help? :(

there was a mod that made the dragons stay skinned after you killed them i.e. not turn to bones. i can't seem to find it.

also another mod that made a lot of the female npc's better looking with apachii hairs. like camilla had the hair with 2 braids hanging down in front and temba (sp?) had the long straight hair down her back.

any help would be appreciated. i looked through my complete history but i sure didn't see anything that look like either of those.

also another mod that made a lot of the female npc's better looking with apachii hairs. like camilla had the hair with 2 braids hanging down in front and temba (sp?) had the long straight hair down her back.

Better Followers?

I remember seeing a mod a while back that said it added more secret entrances and exits to cities. I never thought I'd need it but now my vampire is not so popular... I can't find it anywhere.

I've got a few things I'm looking for; hopefully someone here can help! Here's the list:

1. Been using the CBBE mod, but a BIG annoyance with it is that the bodies are always clean, but the FACES on women are often COVERED in dirt and soot. The contrast is TERRIBLE to look at! Is there a mod to remove the dirt from women's faces?

2. Love the mods like Bathing Beauties or the Evil Lair of Hydra, but the verity of people occupying them is rather bad. EVERY one in those mods is the same race! I'd love to change a few to Argonians, Orcs, or Khajit. Is there a simple mod for changing the race or appearance of those NPCs?

3. The default armor isn't very flattering, and I'd love to dress my character in something slightly more feminine. Unfortunately, the armor mods I've seen are RIDICULOUS. There's a difference between "feminine and more revealing" and "totally absurd dear God why isn't she wearing pants!". Anyone know a good mod that would allow me to dress her in, for instance, Elven armor that isn't bulky and ugly OR practically naked? Something in between would be AWESOME!

Last thing: I'd like to be able to have my followers ride horses. I have the Convenient Horses mod, but that doesn't do it on its own, and any of the other follower mods I've tried adding don't seem to help either......in fact, several downright refuse to install! Any hints?

I remember seeing a mod a while back that said it added more secret entrances and exits to cities. I never thought I'd need it but now my vampire is not so popular... I can't find it anywhere.

I think you might be thinking of Shenk's Thievery Overhaul. And if not, well, there's a good one!

and, I'm still wondering about the clothing mod in my previous post...

I can't find this one Skyrim mod! It was an alternate beginning. Alduin attacks Helgen and you black out and wake up later on, you then get to choose your class and stuff.

And no, I am not talking about the "Live another life" mod.

Can someone help me?

EDIT: FOUND IT!!! It is called "Altered beginning".

Edited by Zazoomah

This was a while back when the file was actually a hot file and had quite some endorsements. I had to do an emergency format (bad PC, BAD) and I forgot to back it up. It may have even been featured on mod weekly videos (not sure), now before you say Dues Mons (I already have that one and I like it too), this home away from home was a cottage on the outside, with a great expanse of a castle on the inside, I'm not exactly sure the name and I'm not willing to pay the $4.50 for premium just to find out, I have bills to pay and work to go to. Needless to say, if anyone knows this mod off the top of their head, please let me know, I miss it lots.

EDIT: Very much a TARDIS house (small on the outside, big on the inside). I remember the main hall had a dragon statue perched over a throne, with stairs on either side leading to the armory, library, forge, etc.