Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Looking for the swords in this image ? Saw these the other day and can't seem to find them :)

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/20077-1-1346656927.jpg

Also I had asked this a few pages back but apparently no-one saw it, I'm also looking for something that blends the textures for neck seems regardless of gender. :(

The swords are Nicos Raven Swords by Nicoroshi.

There are several body replacers, both male and female, that makes the neck seems less noticible. Have you tried looking into any of them?

I am actually using the Better Males mod and I use to have an almost perfect seem but since I installed XCE - Dawnguard my face textures have been a few shades brighter then the body ? I have uninstalled that mod since yet the issue still persists :(. So instead of reinstalling everything I'm looking for an alternative.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Odysseus -- Don't think you'd need to reinstall, just look at the better males files structure (extract the archive to a clean location) and compare to your game directory. Could be that when XCE - Dawnguard was uninstalled something got removed by mistake, not put back properly, or not removed at all.

I'm not sure if there actually is a mod like this, but I figured I'd ask before I tried to create it. I'm looking for a shield for my nightblade/assassin character. I would just use ward spells but they don't let you bash and are just generally inferior. Is there any kind of "gauntlet" shield that just looks like metal bracers or such? Something simple and less obvious than a regular shield. Thanks!

I saw this particular armor/clothing at the start of a Skyrim Mods Weekly ep on Youtube (#34, the one hosted by Machinima) and I'm trying to figure out how to get it. Any ideas where it came from?

EDIT: Never mind, found it. It's MAK's take on the Penitus Oculatus armor, found here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13004

Edited by SliderDF

Slower leveling- *Mod to reduce overall exp gains without reducing individual skill exp*

I'm looking for a mod that reduces the magnitude at which individual skill increases affect overall exp for character level.

As you know, each skill has its own exp meter. When an individual skill increases, it translates into an increase in overall character exp. I'm looking for a mod that reduces the amount that each individual skill increase adds to your overall character exp. Thus, requiring many more individual skill increases to equate to a character level and effectively reducing the maximum character level. The vanilla system makes the maximum character level around 81. So I'm looking for a mod that would reduce that to about 50-55, without changing the rate of individual skill increases.

The reason I'd like this is because the way the current exp system is set up, you level very quickly at early levels (1-20) and moderately quickly at mid levels (20-35) and before you know it, you've out-leveled all but the best gear in the game. So you essentially spend about 20% of your game time utilizing about 90% of the various gear options and then spend the remaining 80% of your game time stuck with the last 10% of gear options. It gets boring very quickly when there's nothing to look forward to.

In a nut shell, you level so fast that most of the time, by the time you find a piece of gear in your adventures, you've already out-leveled it.

I'd like to level slower (not skill increases. I'm talking about overall level here) so I can enjoy more of what the game has to offer. Is there such a mod out there?

@Odysseus -- Don't think you'd need to reinstall, just look at the better males files structure (extract the archive to a clean location) and compare to your game directory. Could be that when XCE - Dawnguard was uninstalled something got removed by mistake, not put back properly, or not removed at all.

That's just it I've gone through the files and reinstalled them after uninstalling the XCE, and the issue is still there :(. Also I went through the XCE folder/files and there's nothing in it that *Should* of had any effect on normal face textures other then those related to vampires :/ ? An this issue only cropped up After I installed XCE.

@robmathes -- Try the Uncapper mod it is configurable via an ini file and you can leave the skill increase at default and adjust the skill to PC level as you wish. shameless plug: if you do check out the uncapper mod, check out the excel calculator I made which will help you figure out the exact settings you will want to use to achieve exactly what you want. I didn't want to slow my skill growth, but did want to adjust the skill to PC level, so that's exactly what the calculator is designed to show.

@Odysseus -- Maybe XCE modified a shared map? did you check the modified dates & create dates closely? Beyond that I'm clueless. I don't use either of those mods. My males are stock other than their undies....

I'm looking for an up to date modular hunger/thirst/sleep mod that will let me choose to disable hunger and thirst (for another mod that keeps track of vampire satiation). Or a mod that only requires you to sleep would be nice as well. Bonus points if the penalties for not sleeping are very severe and/or has an imagespace modifier to let you know when you are extremely exhausted. Thanks in advance! Edited by Shady_Sam