Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I have a few mod request/inquires, and it's not for being lazy. I've been looking high and low.

1. Are there any additional mods like Heroes and Villains which I believe is part of Wars in Skyrim?

I'd really love to get a few more high level adventurer's gallivanting around my Skyrim.

I found one called "Wandering Wizard" that looked tempting but no endorsements and the creator claimed he was OP so I had concerns about him going on a nation wide, unstoppable killing spree. Anyone have any experience with it?

2. I just recently started modding and I swear I saw a mod for a player home that had a prison it said you could send NPCs to but I can't find it again and didn't download it when I found it. If not, can anyone suggest a few evil lair mods?

3. I'm looking for an evil minion. Anyone have any suggestions for evil companion mods?

Sorry to throw so many in one post. Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions.

Edit: Found the player home. It was the Dawnspire

Edited by DarthTaru

Still looking for the following;

Ok, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

There's a ton of really great looking armours on nexus that are fantastically modelled and textured, yet are entirely impractical, specifically a lot of the female armours that consist of boots, gloves and only a few small pieces in between!

What I'm looking for is essentially an equipable item that could be worn under armours with large transparent sections that would add a chainmail texture or something similar to make the armour seem a little more practical.

I vaguley remember having something similar to this for oblivion that used the amulet slot (I think).

So if anyone has any ideas it'd be hugely appreciated.

Cheers :)

Does anyone know of a mod that can reduce or remove damage from clutter? Tripping over a ribcage, getting brained by the blacksmith quarters' sign at Windhelm, etc. The damage is minor in vanilla, but I prefer a high-damage combat mod, and apparently clutter damage is increased along with that, making it potentially deadly. (No seriously. My new low-level guy got killed by a couple hits from clutter damage while I was looking at stuff on a shelf. Lol.)

Any help would be appreciated!

I search this Mod face + hair second image.

The first one is XCE - Scarface by Xenius (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24600)

The second not sure but there aren't too many hair mods out there best bet is to check some of them out...or you could always ask the person that posted them to the Nexus :)

I no say "scars" but the face texture xD

Sorry I misunderstood but you weren't exactly clear, best of luck finding that.

A repeat of a request I made last week - I am looking for a mod that corrects the Monarch Butterfly mesh.

In the vanilla game the wings of the Monarch are inverted.I have had a look at the mesh in Nifscope but the wings and body are a single mesh so it seems like a task for a 3D program - something I am working on getting used to but I am in no way competent as yet.

I did come across a mod like this several months ago,but I didn't download it then as I was still making mods for and playing Oblivion at the time.

Any ideas any body?

A repeat of a request I made last week - I am looking for a mod that corrects the Monarch Butterfly mesh.

In the vanilla game the wings of the Monarch are inverted.I have had a look at the mesh in Nifscope but the wings and body are a single mesh so it seems like a task for a 3D program - something I am working on getting used to but I am in no way competent as yet.

I did come across a mod like this several months ago,but I didn't download it then as I was still making mods for and playing Oblivion at the time.

Any ideas any body?

You can try this one: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4955

But the file is currently hidden (or so it says on my side), so you might have to wait a bit until it's available.

TBH, I'm not even sure if it fixes the Monarch; but I figured a retex might be a good place to start.

Regards

Edited by Sabbies

Thanks for the link - I was aware of this one and have the data from it stored away - unfortunately it does not correct the Monarch,it uses several instances of it with retextures.

Oh and the author of that mod is having to wait out a long ban period after which the file will no longer be hidden.

I know upside down butterfly wings is a minor problem but it bugs the hell out of me.Lol.I produce nature inspired art works for a living so little things like this jump out in my face while playing Skyrim.

I may resort to replacing the Monarch mesh with the Ancestor Moth mesh,wouldn't be perfect but it's a start.

Thanks for your reply.