Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Skyre might work...Skyrim Redone...altough if you wish to unninstall that one...you are in trouble.

That's my beef with SkyRe... it changes so many things - not all I agree with - and judging from the sheer number of complaints I've come across in various mods, is pretty well known to cause incompatibility issues.

I have over 100 mods, and SkyRe doesn't really clash with any of them, though a lot of them have patches for SkyRe (once necromancy mod makes my conjuration perk tree look like demented game of connect the dots on steroids, seriously makes it so it has around 5 times as many perks as an average tree

My only complaint with SkyRe is it basically makes unarmed unplayable, it totally removes the 'fortify unarmed' enchantment and replaces it with reflect damage, and it removes the 'fists of steal' perk, and instead throws some random one handed perks *that are completely useless I might add) into the One-Handed tree... which if you are trying to play an unarmed character is about as stupid as you can get, forcing you to level grind in a perk tree you had no intention of using just to get some crappy perks you don't want. You need to get 2 or 3 irrelevant perks before you can even start getting them, and you have to get your one handed up to like 35-40, and this is just to get a +5 to your one handed.

That is really my only complaint with SkyRe. I rarely actually find mods that aren't compatible with it that I can't live with out that don't have a patch. I have mods that change nearly everything about skyrim, and skyre works nice with all of them.

Though, now I do wish I could remove it because it's making my unarmed character impossible to play... Nothing is perfect though.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an ENB (Or something like that) that makes skyrim look like an Anime?

Lately I've began enjoying the naruto overhaul, but even making skyrim look as surreal as I can with my current ENB I can't make it look like an 'anime'

Obviously this is very vague, and I don't want tomsehting that makes all my high res textures pointless, I just want something with a more anime-ish stylization.

EDIT: Also, shorts. I'm looking for some kind of shortshorts, just normal cloth ones, not 'thong shorts', not latex shorts, not armor shorts, just normal short shorts.

Edited by ArtMurder

EDIT: Also, shorts. I'm looking for some kind of shortshorts, just normal cloth ones, not 'thong shorts', not latex shorts, not armor shorts, just normal short shorts.
Depends on the body style. For UNP there is Simply Clothes. Within that mod is a basic pair of shorts, probably supposed to be cloth in appearance. The mod is considered a resource so you could adapt it to fit other body shapes if you know how.

Recently got dawnguard, and quite like the vampire armour that drops off random vampires.

However, the "Power-Girl" cleavage top of the armour is absolutely ridiculous and looks stupid, in my humble opinion. Been trying and failing to find a mod that just covers up the cleavage on the vampire armour, and leaves it looking normal otherwise. Any ideas?

Good thing I decided to check out this thread before posting this question in it's own thread...

I'm using the Playable Children Plus mod found here on the Nexus and am also looking for other mods that would let me wear robes and armor when playing as a child without the 'near naked' appearance since most clothing, armor, etc is not set up to be useable on the child models.

The character I'm running now is going down the mage path, so robes are of higher priority to me than other armor and clothing. I do realize that I can probably enchant the children's clothing and shoes found in the chest the mod puts in Helgen Keep, but often times I cannot get the same enchant strength as is found on the mage robes (I can put the effects on, but the strength is usually much lower than the specific mage robes). Additionally, I want the look of the ,age robes.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edit 1: I should probably mention that I do have both Dawnguard and Hearthfire, so it shouldn't matter if the mods found require them.

Edited by Etyneo

Recently got dawnguard, and quite like the vampire armour that drops off random vampires.

However, the "Power-Girl" cleavage top of the armour is absolutely ridiculous and looks stupid, in my humble opinion. Been trying and failing to find a mod that just covers up the cleavage on the vampire armour, and leaves it looking normal otherwise. Any ideas?

The mod request forum?

I had the exact same reaction to the vampire armor, and it seems like a very easy thing to fix.

Depends on the body style. For UNP there is Simply Clothes. Within that mod is a basic pair of shorts, probably supposed to be cloth in appearance. The mod is considered a resource so you could adapt it to fit other body shapes if you know how.

I use CBBE v3, and have no knowledge about converting armors. xP

I suppose I could give it a shot, but I really wasn't planning on putting that much effort into a pair of shorts.

Edited by ArtMurder

The mod request forum?

I had the exact same reaction to the vampire armor, and it seems like a very easy thing to fix.

Was first of all checking if there was one already out there before going to the mod request forum. If there isn't, then I'll go poke my nose and beg some lovely people for this. : )

Edited by Castaras

I am looking for a snow mod for when it's snowing. Vanilla snow seems to fall sideways and are windy. I would love a snow storm that is less windy. One where the snow falls straight down with thick snowflakes. More like a forest snowfall than a high mountain pass snowfall. Anyone know if this type of snow mod exists?