Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hi all, I think this is the right spot for this, if not I'll move it. I'm having a very strange freeze. I'm on the a dark brotherhood assassination of ennodius pappius, a litttle north of uttering hills cave. Last night I fast traveled to and killed two outdoor targets. Tonight however, whenever I fast traveled to the gallows rock immediately the game crashes. So i fast travel to a nearby shrine and ride towards gallows rock. I get close and immediately a crash. It's not only gallows rock, I fast traveled to a few other areas south west and east, some cause a crash, some don't. I loaded up an older save with a different character and with him I was able to not only ride up and discover gallows rock, I was able to fats travel away and back. I've tried older saves, and I mean waaaay older saves with the first character and they all crash on fast travel on the same areas and no crash on the others, and some of the very oldest(like 13 levels back) crash upon loading. I tried uninstalling some mods to see if they were an issue, I tried my footprints mod, climates of tamriel, and skytest and the same issues were there with and without them. when I have more time I guess I'll do a full mod on/off checklist, but if anyone has any ideas beforehand that would be awesome. the only real chan ges I've made was installing and uninstalling a locational damage mod, I tried reinstalling it but it didn't work then either, plus it's apparently a very good mod compatibility wise so I doubt it's that. I'm very confused...... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i got some strange crash too in other game place, that was caused by unofficial skyrim patch(skyrim,dawngaurd,etcetc), try to disable them all

Will do thanks

This thread is to help other mod users find certain mods. You are looking for bug help thread. My first suggestion however would be to uninstall your mods and attempt to head to any of the locations that caused the crash. If you can reach the location then good it is a mod that is causing the issue and now it is time to figure out which one. If it doesn't then you have a more serious problem.

Cool I'll post it there if my mod disabling spree doesn't work. I'm hesitant to do that though because so many of them have special uninstall/install directions, but I'll do it if all else fails. Thanks for the replies guys.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have any idea how this girl was created?

I just want to know what they used for the facial skin, enb, and face mod. It kind of looks like a changed univision face or a change lovergirl preset 4 face, but I'm not sure.

http://i.imgur.com/jl6dJDM.jpg

Edited by themell

I ran up on a mod the other day, but now I can't find it.

It was a mod that makes clothing that is invisible in the inventory of a follower visible so you can remove it so they will wear the clothing you give them. I made ebony armor for my housecarl and my steward, and the silly women wore it once, but never again. (Just like a woman hehe)

I was looking thru mods on my tablet when I found it, and didn't think to bookmark it.

Thanks,

Harlech

Hey I'm just looking for a mod that added in a modified version of nordic steel armor that has a bronze color where all the engravings are.

Edit: I did some more searching and it appears that what I'm looking for is similar to this mod's steel armor addition, but with a regular steel chest piece that is just colored differently.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127083267

Edited by BurlingtonBeast

anyone have any idea how this girl was created?

I just want to know what they used for the facial skin, enb, and face mod. It kind of looks like a changed univision face or a change lovergirl preset 4 face, but I'm not sure.

http://i.imgur.com/jl6dJDM.jpg

I would like to know as well. More importantly, the lips. What mods can give my toons this kind of lips?