Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I'm not really looking for a mod, but some sort of resource for NPC's that can be spouses. I've been having trouble finding many NPC spouse mods and I'm fairly certain there are a lot more out their. If anyone knows of a forum resource, or a search method it would greatly be appreciated.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted these on Mod Requests forum several months back, and got no replies- I would be really surprised to find that there was nothing like these ideas, but if there isn't, I'd certainly love to see someone in the community take on the challenge of them!

I wanted to see variable craftable woods- oak, elm, holly, aspen, etc

and also, some sort of bard-song spell system.

Do either of these exist? If not, are they even possible?

On the sadder side, I've given up hope that the camera can ever be properly unlocked again- tfc is fine for screenshots, but horse-cam and combat cam would be awfully nice to have more control over again!

Theres another mod a bit like this one that lets you use flutes and lute sin combat, but I can't find it. =[ It exists though I assure you!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31680

This actually makes bard characters interesting though! I think it's actually a bit better put together then the other mod I can't find too.

I've played with that one- but it really just lets you become a busker. *lol* It allows you to go into pubs and sing and play... not to cast classic fantasy-style bardic spellsongs. It was still pretty cool though, and one of the inspirations for the request in the first place!

Sorry I was off for a while :P

Explain the meaning and reason for craftable wood? I can't understand what the mod should do, therefore I am little bit confused of what r u looking for.

Specify Bard song spell? You want you character to sing? do you want a singing and playing bear? a Minstrel companion? What the mod should do?

And last I am not really sure what you need again I am not fully sure what it should do. But as for the horses did you try Horsemen also maybe IHUD?

Sorry my english is a little rusty you have to explain to me what you want like to a child :wink:

The bardic request- what I mean is a mod which would create magic in the form of songs. Like old school D&D bards. You sing, magic happens. It seems to me this would fit easily into a game where SHOUTING is used in the very same way...

About the woods- I think that would be harder. Wood could be available as a crafting resource, like alchemy or smelting ores. You could farm or harvest different kinds of wood from trees, and use those to create different things at the forge, like bows. So a bow made of oak would be different from a bow made of mahogany, and a rowan wood staff would be different from a yew staff.

I will look at the Horsemen mod! What I meant was a mod that keeps the camera from becoming locked the way it does when riding horses. I want to zoom closer when I'm on horseback, and be able to swivel my camera around a bit. I know that the console command tfc does that, but it also takes away the character controls while you are camming. I want both, exactly like when I am walking around normally.

Edited by FathomsDeep

Is there anyway I can convert Body types on pre-made follower mods. I have SG followers by Hello Santa and in his mod the followers use the UNP body but I want to change them to ADEC body is there a way I can do this? Maybe a mod that makes the conversion?

@FathomsDeep Well, if you are looking for a D&D bard mechanics then check SkyRe out. It have the "aura" restoration spells that works quite similar to D&D bards songs. The problem is that those auras are spells, not songs, so you will have to imagine you are singing them instead of casting ;P

I'm not really looking for a mod, but some sort of resource for NPC's that can be spouses. I've been having trouble finding many NPC spouse mods and I'm fairly certain there are a lot more out their. If anyone knows of a forum resource, or a search method it would greatly be appreciated.

Ehm wiki or G.E.M.S..

FathomsDeep, on 16 Apr 2013 - 22:05, said:

ArtMurder, on 16 Apr 2013 - 16:03, said:

FathomsDeep, on 16 Apr 2013 - 08:33, said:

I posted these on Mod Requests forum several months back, and got no replies- I would be really surprised to find that there was nothing like these ideas, but if there isn't, I'd certainly love to see someone in the community take on the challenge of them!

I wanted to see variable craftable woods- oak, elm, holly, aspen, etc

and also, some sort of bard-song spell system.

Do either of these exist? If not, are they even possible?

On the sadder side, I've given up hope that the camera can ever be properly unlocked again- tfc is fine for screenshots, but horse-cam and combat cam would be awfully nice to have more control over again!

Theres another mod a bit like this one that lets you use flutes and lute sin combat, but I can't find it. =[ It exists though I assure you!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31680

This actually makes bard characters interesting though! I think it's actually a bit better put together then the other mod I can't find too.

I've played with that one- but it really just lets you become a busker. *lol* It allows you to go into pubs and sing and play... not to cast classic fantasy-style bardic spellsongs. It was still pretty cool though, and one of the inspirations for the request in the first place!

Darkangel13, on 16 Apr 2013 - 10:30, said:

>>Sorry I was off for a while :P

Explain the meaning and reason for craftable wood? I can't understand what the mod should do, therefore I am little bit confused of what r u looking for.

Specify Bard song spell? You want you character to sing? do you want a singing and playing bear? a Minstrel companion? What the mod should do?

And last I am not really sure what you need again I am not fully sure what it should do. But as for the horses did you try Horsemen also maybe IHUD?

Sorry my english is a little rusty you have to explain to me what you want like to a child :wink:

FathomsDeep, on 16 Apr 2013 - 22:05, said:

The bardic request- what I mean is a mod which would create magic in the form of songs. Like old school D&D bards. You sing, magic happens. It seems to me this would fit easily into a game where SHOUTING is used in the very same way...

About the woods- I think that would be harder. Wood could be available as a crafting resource, like alchemy or smelting ores. You could farm or harvest different kinds of wood from trees, and use those to create different things at the forge, like bows. So a bow made of oak would be different from a bow made of mahogany, and a rowan wood staff would be different from a yew staff.

I will look at the Horsemen mod! What I meant was a mod that keeps the camera from becoming locked the way it does when riding horses. I want to zoom closer when I'm on horseback, and be able to swivel my camera around a bit. I know that the console command tfc does that, but it also takes away the character controls while you are camming. I want both, exactly like when I am walking around normally.

Ooook I see.

1, I never heard of anything other them mentioned above I am afraid, but new mod are maid daily so keep looking. I would recommend to start look for topic mod idea or something similar, Or you can start your own something like "Looking for bard magic mod." Or something like that. Modders are generally browsing these topics and maybe someone will make one for you :wink:

There is a part of the Dragonborn DLC you might like See this

go ti 16:05 minute for description of the spell and the to 20:45 to see how it works. It is called Bardic Knowledge see wiki

2, There is no such mod as far as I am aware. It would be simple enough to make if you find an experienced modder, I am sorry but at this time I don't know where my head is so I won't be be able to help you. You can learn how to mod and maybe become a modder your self :smile: - Creation kit wiki

3, Try directors tools but other then that you are pretty much binded to Skyrim coding and scripting that Bethesda allowed :(

If you are thinking to do something like machinima those videos are all scripted. All NPCs are following scripts and they just fly with TFC and recording.

Sorry I couldn't help :(

Is there anyway I can convert Body types on pre-made follower mods. I have SG followers by Hello Santa and in his mod the followers use the UNP body but I want to change them to ADEC body is there a way I can do this? Maybe a mod that makes the conversion?

No, you will have to go into CK and make the changes your self. Or try using NPC editor I never used it my self I am afraid :(

No, you will have to go into CK and make the changes your self. Or try using [rul=http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4554]NPC editor[/url] I never used it my self I am afraid :(

The link takes me to the New mods today page.

Hi,

I am trying to find out the name of a player home mod, I hope I can get help here.

It is a beautiful and painstakingly created home, the outside has a waterwheel on the side of the house. It isn't a huge manor, it's more for just one or two people. I can't remember how many bedrooms, I think maybe one. It had a gorgeous study, kitchen and I think there was a door to the cellar outside. The whole thing was just so special.

It was featured in a video, but again I don't remember who.

If I remember more about it, I'll add the info.

Thanks in advance. :geek: