Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I heard that the Nightingale Armor can't be fully upgraded and benefited from any smithing perks, even with the Arcane Smithing perk. Is there a mod that can fix this or was/is there a patch that already fixed this?

It is so easy to make. What material do you want it from? Corundum? Glass? Dragon scale?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/uOFM2Ey.jpg

Just found it in my Data folder Is it DLC? Anyone know if that comes from a mod? It;s anAncient Nord Retex, called Magnus.

Here ya go, man. It's a mod, not dlc.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16153//?

Thanks... I ahve no idea howI have a red version of it.

I've never seen that mod before. Someone else must have packaged it up it a HD Texture pack. Weird.

Darkangel13, on 30 Apr 2013 - 15:12, said:

@agunsthemagi & EnaiSiaion

Guys before we will go any further I would ask you to clean your dead scripts. So download latest SKSE from here if you don't know what it is or how to install it

When you will be done with that do this:

Use this with the new SKSE beta 1_06_09 or older, install, go to skyrim; data ;SKSE and create text file and rename it to "SKSE.ini" and inside type:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Save and close.

It will now clean invalid scripts from mods you don't use anymore from your save game. It will take a while and only works as you play, but over time your save will drop. You should try to revisit problematic places. Also before you do that let the cells respawn. Type in into console coc qasmoke. Wait there for 31 days. Then type into console coc whiterun. You will be back in the game and all cells will be respawned. Now visit your problematic places. Skse should eliminate any dead scripts (scripts that were left by mods you no longer use)

If you have the same problem come back. :wink:

I thought I would give this a try, but I can't seem to find an SKSE folder.

Never mind. I found it. Can I just copy/paste the text into the new .ini? Or do I have to enter it manually?

Edited by whoden

@whoden

Darkangel13, on 30 Apr 2013 - 15:12, said:
@agunsthemagi & EnaiSiaion
Guys before we will go any further I would ask you to clean your dead scripts. So download latest SKSE from here if you don't know what it is or how to install it

When you will be done with that do this:

Use this with the new SKSE beta 1_06_09 or older, install, go to skyrim; data ;SKSE and create text file and rename it to "SKSE.ini" and inside type:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Save and close.

It will now clean invalid scripts from mods you don't use anymore from your save game. It will take a while and only works as you play, but over time your save will drop. You should try to revisit problematic places. Also before you do that let the cells respawn. Type in into console coc qasmoke. Wait there for 31 days. Then type into console coc whiterun. You will be back in the game and all cells will be respawned. Now visit your problematic places. Skse should eliminate any dead scripts (scripts that were left by mods you no longer use)
If you have the same problem come back. :wink:
I thought I would give this a try, but I can't seem to find an SKSE folder.

Never mind. I found it. Can I just copy/paste the text into the new .ini? Or do I have to enter it manually?

You can copy and paste. It doesn't matter.

I am looking a for mod that i saw on the nexus...which at that time i had no interest in but now i do,problem is that i forgot to name(or maybe i just misread what the mod did).Anyhow...the purpose of the mod was to allow you to use...for example a Cbbe armor while using UNP body...without having any glitches or anything.I don't remember how...or maybe i just misread it but i figured i might give it a try and see if anyone knows about it.

I am looking a for mod that i saw on the nexus...which at that time i had no interest in but now i do,problem is that i forgot to name(or maybe i just misread what the mod did).Anyhow...the purpose of the mod was to allow you to use...for example a Cbbe armor while using UNP body...without having any glitches or anything.I don't remember how...or maybe i just misread it but i figured i might give it a try and see if anyone knows about it.

Hi there, I have never heard of anything that you have described I am afraid. If it exists that would be very cool, how ever as per my understanding how the bodies and armors work in Skyrim what you have described is very unlikely, Is it possible that you misunderstood description and the mod you looking for fixes body textures and it has multiple body compatibility?

Haha,like i said i might have missunderstood on what the mod did...as at that i didn't pay that much attention.Hope dies last as they say(haha).So i will keep searching for it.

Can you guys point me towards some nice looking weapons?I am mostly interested in one handed swords...but i would go for 2 handed/bows/crossbows.

Edited by Dlamar

Hello I am pretty desperate for a mod that makes it so NPCs don't turn aggressive so quickly during combat. As a destruction mage its very easy to accidentally hit a friend and you don't always know you're hitting them until its too late. That being said I don't want to be able to kill people or assault people endlessly until they do...is there any mod that addresses this problem you guys know of?