Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I'm looking for something that fixes the awkward turning animation (or lack thereof) when you are walking. For example, if your character is set to walk, and you move your screen so it is facing a different direction than the character is facing and press your "forward" key, the animation will snap to face that direction rather than actually having a turn animation.

I was looking through this thread and I found this post:

@V03 you linked a private video... no one can see it to see what you are talking about

Oh sorry ! did'nt notice that !
I'm a little disappointed because this video showed perfectly what I'm talking about...

Well, I found this one
You can see the spiky turning animation at:
0:19, 0:27, and 0:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41GKU08Ehas&feature=player_embedded

Thanks guys

Back when it was posted, it never received a reply. I'm hoping it was just overlooked rather than meaning a fix doesn't exist. The issue, while a small one, drives me crazy. It's the one thing about Skyrim I haven't been able to find a fix for so far. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Monk

Edited by monkofmajere

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if anyone knows of mods that do a couple of things I've wanted lately. First being a "standing sneak" state, an activateable power or spell or some such that makes you sneak without having to crouch. Just seems like it would be somewhat badass if upon maxing sneak (or possibly illusion/vampire lord) if you no longer had to crouch in order to go undetected.

The other I was looking for was an expansion to Hearthfire, notibly if anyone has expanded the selection of creatures you can taxidermy for the trophy room (to include things like NPC races/vampires/werewolves) or if anyone has added additional shrine options. I've done some cursory searching but I've not come up with anything myself.

Any mods that add magic bows? You know, bows that shoots arrows made out of pure magicka?

A few I'm sure. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12955//? this one adds bows you can summon (similar to the bound bow) of each element, each of which has a different effect - poison damage, fire damage, ice damage, disarm, etc. Each shot of which depletes your magicka a small amount. It's fairly well done, I only dropped it because my Vanilla Archery Enhanced mod didn't seem to effect the magic arrows it creates and I don't like how short range vanilla arrows are without that particular mod.

As for non-conjured bows that fire magic arrows, I don't know of any off the top of my head but I wouldn't be surprised if their is one out there.

Edited by Quxudica

I ether have or am planning to install a mod that that in it's description suggests unchecking the the official skyrim highres texture packs and adding some lines to the ini file in documents, for the life of me I can't find the mod in question, it also mentioned a better option was to uninstall it and use Skyrim HD - 2K Textures, I am more inclined to go with option 1, as it sounded as it might help with some performance issues and mod conflicts.

Does anyone know what mod this might be? I think it was something to do with lighting but the more I think of it it may have been to do with a body mod I am trying to add to my game.

Sup, it is not a mod it is a Skyrim.ini tweak. Go to your Skyrim.ini file, open it and change the:

Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa<- this is a default line
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
to
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, HighResTexturePack03,Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
Adding the few words will fix your problem and now the loose textures (installed mods) will take precedence, but you will still get all of the Beth HD pack for any textures your not modding with the 2k pack. such as armor, weapons, clothes, normal maps etc
Basically this method = win/win if you have enough space on your HDD ;)
If you get stuck PM me

I'm looking for something that fixes the awkward turning animation (or lack thereof) when you are walking. For example, if your character is set to walk, and you move your screen so it is facing a different direction than the character is facing and press your "forward" key, the animation will snap to face that direction rather than actually having a turn animation.

@V03 you linked a private video... no one can see it to see what you are talking about

I'm a little disappointed because this video showed perfectly what I'm talking about...

Well, I found this one

Thanks guys

Back when it was posted, it never received a reply. I'm hoping it was just overlooked rather than meaning a fix doesn't exist. The issue, while a small one, drives me crazy. It's the one thing about Skyrim I haven't been able to find a fix for so far. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Monk

I am very sorry to report that this issue is caused by Bethesda's hard coded game mechanics. I am not aware of any fix for this problem as of yet and I doubt there will be any due to the fact that there is no animation allocated for this specific PC move. :(

Well, I found this one

Thanks guys

Thanks,

Monk

I am very sorry to report that this issue is caused by Bethesda's hard coded game mechanics. I am not aware of any fix for this problem as of yet and I doubt there will be any due to the fact that there is no animation allocated for this specific PC move. :(

Damn. I figured it would be something like that.

Ah well, thanks for the help.