Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i'm looking for a mod that has a follower who can serve as my characters mentor/guide in the beginning of the game for rp reasons. Someone to serve as my "Obi-wan." Preferably an old, wise nord type character but I'll take any and all suggestions. This could be a mod with just a follower or a mod that has other components but still includes this follower. Similarily I plan on using the Interesting NPCs mod and I know that includes quite a few followers. Is anyone thats familiar with the mod know if there is one that fits this description?

Alternatively does anyone know of a mod that provides an rp friendly situation for Kodlak Whitemane to become a follower cuz he's exactly the type of character I'm thinking of.

If you mean like teaching skills, you dont really need a mod. You just have to find a person that teaches that skill and then get them to follow you... not sure they have followers for each skill though. Faendal is one of the first followers you can get in the game and he also teaches archery, just get him to follow you and then you can pay him to teach you archery and then go to trade items you can get your money back. Do that for a while and its the best way to get archery up like crazy.

Sup?

This will be a long one, just skipp to the bottom if you dont want to read my backstory.

So i picked up Skyrim legendary edition - Skyrim with all dlc's - On steam summer sales. Before i had it on Xbox because i didn't have a computer. But a couple of months ago, i built one.

I thought 300 SEK (Swedish money), about 25 euro was worth it to get all the DLC's, and the graphics are - ofcourse - better on the PC.

So i installed it 4 days ago (i bought it while on vacation and downloaded it when i got home) and played for a while, when the topic of Mods poped up in my head.

So, i found S.T.E.P, and followed their - for me - advanced modding process. I am compleatly new to mods, the only experience i have had with mods is DayZ, wich is more of an game installation, and mods in Civ V, wich are more of extra game options you can download and activate in-game.

I had no idea what i was doing lol. Everything was new to me, like Skript Extenders, How to use programs like Wrye Bash/Smash and BOSS, what a Load List was, and whatnot. It took me three days to get all the mods i wanted/could add from STEP, and to make them run. I have a Nvidia GTX 660TI graphics card, wich is quite strong, but now i am at the ultimate limit of how much it can handle - fps wise. I have installed about 58-59 mods, and am now at 34 fps

Aaaaanyway

So i have installed some mods that make the game more realistic, such as Frostfall, Climates of Tamriel, Realistic needs, ACE, Arrows and Bolts Tweak, etc. I have also installed the Immersive HUD mod, wich enables to turn of the HUD or parts of it.

So here is my problem. I want to play as an archer - the way i did on my Xbox, but i want to do it without a crosshair. My thought with this is that no prisoner crawling out from the burning ruins of a dragon attack, can just wield a bow and score perfect hits with it. I have trained archery IRL, and to do it without sights - wich i prefer - is hard, but more fun. (The real reason i dont use a sight on my bow is that i dropped the bow and smashed the sight, like, within the first week of me buying it...) And in Skyrim, going without a crosshair is more entertaining, you need to train to score hits. I highly recomend it :)

But the immersive HUD mod have the "sneaking" detection symbol just the way as vanilla skyrim have, ie, it is placed in the middle, and when sneaking, acts like a crosshair/sight. You can choose to turn it of, but then it makes it impossible to know if you are detected or not, and that bothers me.

What i would like is to have the detection symbol moved uppwards, right below the compass.

1. Is there a mod that can do this?

2. If so, is it compatible with immersive HUD, or do i have to install another HUD management mod?

3. If no on the two above points, can i tweak this myself by editing the .ini files? If so, how?

Keep in mind, i am really new to modding.

//G

Guest deleted4938821

Hi, anyone knows if there's any follower mod or npc/monster mod that use the Drakul or Medusa armor?