Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Does anyone know of a mod that would allow me to change what kind of armor city guards wear?

For example - I'd like the WhiteRun guards to all wear Neo's Impou armor.

Medusa armor for Riften female guards.

Is there a way to change that in the game files someplace??

Thanks!

LTK

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup?

This will be a long one, just skipp to the bottom if you dont want to read my backstory.

So i picked up Skyrim legendary edition - Skyrim with all dlc's - On steam summer sales. Before i had it on Xbox because i didn't have a computer. But a couple of months ago, i built one.

I thought 300 SEK (Swedish money), about 25 euro was worth it to get all the DLC's, and the graphics are - ofcourse - better on the PC.

So i installed it 4 days ago (i bought it while on vacation and downloaded it when i got home) and played for a while, when the topic of Mods poped up in my head.

So, i found S.T.E.P, and followed their - for me - advanced modding process. I am compleatly new to mods, the only experience i have had with mods is DayZ, wich is more of an game installation, and mods in Civ V, wich are more of extra game options you can download and activate in-game.

I had no idea what i was doing lol. Everything was new to me, like Skript Extenders, How to use programs like Wrye Bash/Smash and BOSS, what a Load List was, and whatnot. It took me three days to get all the mods i wanted/could add from STEP, and to make them run. I have a Nvidia GTX 660TI graphics card, wich is quite strong, but now i am at the ultimate limit of how much it can handle - fps wise. I have installed about 58-59 mods, and am now at 34 fps

Aaaaanyway

So i have installed some mods that make the game more realistic, such as Frostfall, Climates of Tamriel, Realistic needs, ACE, Arrows and Bolts Tweak, etc. I have also installed the Immersive HUD mod, wich enables to turn of the HUD or parts of it.

So here is my problem. I want to play as an archer - the way i did on my Xbox, but i want to do it without a crosshair. My thought with this is that no prisoner crawling out from the burning ruins of a dragon attack, can just wield a bow and score perfect hits with it. I have trained archery IRL, and to do it without sights - wich i prefer - is hard, but more fun. (The real reason i dont use a sight on my bow is that i dropped the bow and smashed the sight, like, within the first week of me buying it...) And in Skyrim, going without a crosshair is more entertaining, you need to train to score hits. I highly recomend it :smile:

But the immersive HUD mod have the "sneaking" detection symbol just the way as vanilla skyrim have, ie, it is placed in the middle, and when sneaking, acts like a crosshair/sight. You can choose to turn it of, but then it makes it impossible to know if you are detected or not, and that bothers me.

What i would like is to have the detection symbol moved uppwards, right below the compass.

1. Is there a mod that can do this?

2. If so, is it compatible with immersive HUD, or do i have to install another HUD management mod?

3. If no on the two above points, can i tweak this myself by editing the .ini files? If so, how?

Keep in mind, i am really new to modding.

//G

You can try setting hud transparency in skyrims settings to zero. This makes it so NO hud is visible at all, however.

Does anyone know of a mod that would allow me to change what kind of armor city guards wear?

Thanks!

LTK

I think you would need to edit the esp of every one of those armor mods individually and add the armor you want to the guard's outfits.

Thanks!

LTK

I think you would need to edit the esp of every one of those armor mods individually and add the armor you want to the guard's outfits.

Or make another ESP and just ignore the ones the mod came with. ^_^

Is there a home mod whereby it has several external doors that links to different cities? Maybe creates a single player home which then links to all available houses in the holds that you could normally buy?

Cheers

Kal

My brother and I are both looking for a mod that is a money sink without winding up being nothing but a money MAKING mod. Tundra Defense, King of Riverhelm, and any of the "Bank"/"invest in ____" mods are all not what we're looking for.

A vendor that sells unique collectibles? A player home mod that adds a huge amount of expensive extensions (BYOH/Hearthfire simply cost resources and not cold hard cash)? A mod that adds a spell tree that costs Septims instead of mana?

I'm pretty receptive to anything, as long as it is semi-lore friendly (unique items are fine as long as they aren't, like, bazookas or something) and is actually a true money sink.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Is there a home mod whereby it has several external doors that links to different cities? Maybe creates a single player home which then links to all available houses in the holds that you could normally buy?

Cheers

Kal

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12553/? this mod does that, but you have to either own one of the vanilla homes, break in, or find the secret backdoor out in the wilderness to get to it

I have Real Wildlife installed which adds rats and small creatures. Is there any mod that makes skeever footsteps silent or at least less loud?

Also seeking for mod that changing starting spells for different races. Like orc has no spells at all, and high elf has improved ones.

Edited by mindw0rk2