Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hello people,

I'm hoping for a mod which would allow to switch the character class by using a simple key as it was possible to do in Diablo2.

For example :

If I press "1" on my keyboard, my character becomes full archer equipped (ring, amulet, gauntlet, crown, etc.) ; if I press "2", it becomes full two-handed equipped ; and so on ... (of course with items that actually are in my inventory).

I don't know what it would take to develop such a mod, probably not so simple, but for me it would be quite more immersive than having to endlessly switch equipments item by item by pausing the game, for example, during a fight, after a fight, before some lockpicking, to resist fire, etc., etc., etc.

What do you people think?

Thanks for reading, hope my english was not too awful :-p

With this mod http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=4862 (Categorized Favorites) you can switch complete sets of equipment with a shortcut: "Equip sets allow you to specify a set of equipment to equip all at once.". I think you should try that mod. :) There are a lot of other mods with certain minor changes or special config files.

I'm looking for a mod that allows me to rename items during enchanting to more than 30 letters. The thing is that generic enchanted items can have more than 30 letters, e. g.: Dragonplate Gauntlets of Peerless Smithing. If you enchant your own items this isn't possible. I've searched for "item name" but couldn't find anything useful. Maybe someone knows more about that, would be appreciated. :)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a mod that allows me to rename items during enchanting to more than 30 letters. The thing is that generic enchanted items can have more than 30 letters, e. g.: Dragonplate Gauntlets of Peerless Smithing. If you enchant your own items this isn't possible. I've searched for "item name" but couldn't find anything useful. Maybe someone knows more about that, would be appreciated. :)

This is more a data field limitation set in the engine. In the vanilla game, the actual FULL (item name) subrecord is only a 4 byte hex ID that references the corresponding text entry in the STRING files. This allows the game to show a larger text string than is allowed in the actual record.

Thanks for your fast answer. I'm not sure if I understand the whole meaning of your explanation. :tongue: I've found the names of the generic items In the Skyrim_English.STRINGS-file. The name for the enchanted item is stored somewhere else and cannot be longer than the field allows, right? Would've been nice to rename them without abbreviations, but ok, there are worse things. ;)

Thanks for your fast answer. I'm not sure if I understand the whole meaning of your explanation. :tongue: I've found the names of the generic items In the Skyrim_English.STRINGS-file. The name for the enchanted item is stored somewhere else and cannot be longer than the field allows, right? Would've been nice to rename them without abbreviations, but ok, there are worse things. ;)

OK, in the vanilla record for an item (lets say a "Enchanted Silver Garnet Ring of Ysolda's Merchant Desires" which is 67 characters long), the subrecord (FULL) that determines the items name just has 0003e5f7 which is the address of the text record in each of the STRING files, which in this example is "Enchanted Silver Garnet Ring of Ysolda's Merchant Desires".

Now, when you enchant the item and give it a new name, the game changes the FULL subrecord from a hex ID to text only entry in your game save file and it no longer references the STRING files. What you are experiencing with the limit is because the subrecord itself is limited to a max size.

That is about is simple an explanation as it can get.

Hello people,

I'm hoping for a mod which would allow to switch the character class by using a simple key as it was possible to do in Diablo2.

For example :

If I press "1" on my keyboard, my character becomes full archer equipped (ring, amulet, gauntlet, crown, etc.) ; if I press "2", it becomes full two-handed equipped ; and so on ... (of course with items that actually are in my inventory).

I don't know what it would take to develop such a mod, probably not so simple, but for me it would be quite more immersive than having to endlessly switch equipments item by item by pausing the game, for example, during a fight, after a fight, before some lockpicking, to resist fire, etc., etc., etc.

With this mod http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=4862 (Categorized Favorites) you can switch complete sets of equipment with a shortcut: "Equip sets allow you to specify a set of equipment to equip all at once.". I think you should try that mod. :) There are a lot of other mods with certain minor changes or special config files.

Thank for your answer ;-)

Actually I found a mod here that is supposed to match my expectations. It's called "Categorized Favorites Menu" (by favmenumodder) and it was just on the TOP 100 list of Skyrim mods ... :-/

Unfortunately, in my case it seems not to work :-( Everything works fine except that, so far, any customized equipment sets I create in the CFM simply disappear once I leave the CFM.. It is quite frustrating ^^

Thanks again and good luck with your search!

Hello people,

For example :

I honestly think that it would take quite a bit of scripting to create that. And by quite a bit, I mean bring a friend or two to help. This is a neat idea, though - I'm sure it's possible to make with enough effort, although slightly less probable...if I see anything like that sprout up on the internet, I'll link you to it.

Thank you for your answer ;-)

If you are interested, favmenumodder actually did it! The mod is called "Categorized Favorites Menu" and can be find in the TOP 100 list of Skyrim mods. As the author says, it is experimental so not working fully properly but undeniably useful.

Hi I found a mod a few days ago on Nexus, I cant find it again

It was a face texture replacer which made the features more plump and rounded.

It involved the words "bold females" and the authors name began with "Za"

I was sure I tracked the file and commented on it. But my tracking centre doesnt show it, nor does searching those keywords give me the right results.

A little help please?

EDIT:

I found it. Its called "Zashir - Bold Women - Facial Textures"

However I cant access the file. All I get is a "No file exists for this ID"

Has it been taken down?

Edited by Noobo