Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Does anyone know who in all of Tamriel Crassius Herecu is?! I've seen him randomly sprinting through Skyrim on multiple characters. I can't talk to him, nor does it give the "This person is busy" message. I've done both a google search and a forum search here on the nexus forums. I'm just curious and pretty baffled.

Here is a screenshot of him:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2769/kju4.jpg

Don't mind the orange glow...Was using Gopher's Predator Vision mod at the time of screenshot.

According to the Elder Scrolls Wiki, there is no such character.

do you have legendary souls installed than that is likely where he is from .-) might be wrong was thinking of the glow^^^and maybe one of the mods you have installed have added him aswell and he might be uninteneded for all u know :-P

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a Crisis Core buster Sword mod missing from the nexus i can't find it at all and its not this one http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2699/?

the mod im talking about was just the buster Sword from advent children Crisis core and it was Very High quality High textures it was basically perfect like it was cut out of a movie anyways i can't find it anymore did the author get banned or something or did he leave and remove all his mods this is very frustrating...

It's POSSIBLE the mod was ripped from a game or something (you did say it was very high quality) and if that is the case, then it was likely removed because content ripped directly from other games is not allowed on the nexus.

That may not be the case, but if it is, then you will likely never see the mod on the nexus again. =[

true but there is no evidence of it at all i can't find anything witch is annoying i need to know why its goen to get peace....that is why i hate when they remove or ban author we don't know anything and nexus site doesn't notify us wich is a system they should add so we don't go crazy looking for a mod and not finding it and they should really remove very old and broken mods that aren't supported anymore could free up alot of space for the nexus

true but there is no evidence of it at all i can't find anything witch is annoying i need to know why its goen to get peace....that is why i hate when they remove or ban author we don't know anything and nexus site doesn't notify us wich is a system they should add so we don't go crazy looking for a mod and not finding it and they should really remove very old and broken mods that aren't supported anymore could free up a lot of space for the nexus

If you had the original page (even if it doesn't work anymore for you) I could perhaps look. Doing a small search of crisis core didn't bring anything up but that doesn't mean anything. I suggest you take your idea and put it in the feedback section. I don't even know if its possible or if Robin would consider it but it doesn't hurt to present ideas for site functionality. Also we do not remove files that are old or broken as the author could come back and fix it or update. We remove files that break the Terms of Service. All mods are presented "as is" and it is up to the mod downloaders to be able to gain some knowledge to know a mod no longer works or is abandoned. There is no way for us to know this unless we went through the THOUSANDS (Oblivion and Skyrim have about 60K mods right now) of mods, one by one and tested them to see. As you know that is something we do not have the staff to do. :) ~Lisnpuppy

true but there is no evidence of it at all i can't find anything witch is annoying i need to know why its goen to get peace....that is why i hate when they remove or ban author we don't know anything and nexus site doesn't notify us wich is a system they should add so we don't go crazy looking for a mod and not finding it and they should really remove very old and broken mods that aren't supported anymore could free up a lot of space for the nexus

If you had the original page (even if it doesn't work anymore for you) I could perhaps look. Doing a small search of crisis core didn't bring anything up but that doesn't mean anything. I suggest you take your idea and put it in the feedback section. I don't even know if its possible or if Robin would consider it but it doesn't hurt to present ideas for site functionality. Also we do not remove files that are old or broken as the author could come back and fix it or update. We remove files that break the Terms of Service. All mods are presented "as is" and it is up to the mod downloaders to be able to gain some knowledge to know a mod no longer works or is abandoned. There is no way for us to know this unless we went through the THOUSANDS (Oblivion and Skyrim have about 60K mods right now) of mods, one by one and tested them to see. As you know that is something we do not have the staff to do. :smile: ~Lisnpuppy

i agree u don't have the staff for it but you wont need it if u implemented a system for mods if not updated/uploaded + not working with current skyrim version.conditions for being viable as a mod. for example a year or so and i was more thinking of mods that aren't compatible with skyrims last and final update from bethesda and for mods that have authors who Declared not coming back or wont be updating their mods anymore and if mod isen't viable or useable anymore than its just collecting space and dust and causing a lot of irritated amatures in Downloading or modding and this is just ideas on the top of my head that im sure nexus probably have had in suggestions before and i know their in progress of making skyrim Nexus a lot more stable and lag free they wont implement such features for now anyway not until its really stable and i might take this to the feedback section :-)i might still have the mod on my broken hdd it has like 36 hp left in read rate fail XD might get it out and find out who made it but atm thats too much hassel i might do it at a later date.. thanks for the info tho

i was thinking that a system to check something like a mods viability and updated or working isen't something nexus could make realistically so why not an option to vote a mod to be removed or deleted by the public for being not viable or working on the nexus and mod author long goen and such making moderators to investigate mod and make a good decision if or not to delete :-P

All mods are presented "as is" and it is up to the mod downloaders to be able to gain some knowledge to know a mod no longer works or is abandoned.

i kinda agree but i do see mods that aren't working and never will be unless and author comes back to fix or some1 else takes up the slack some have been here for years and ppl are still writing in their comment section asking the author to fix it wich is kinda funny cause he will probably never read it

that is why if u could delete em removing em and freeing up space and maybe help nexus free up some memory and stuff for its stabilitys sake

now im a bit sorry i have a bad habit of ranting

I'm looking for non-combat followers. I like the idea of companions, but they really do change the balance of the game, as well as get in the way of spells. People that you can hire as pack mules, gather herbs, mine, or loot for you but avoid combat would be awesome. I'm aware Vilja has a 'avoid combat' mode, are there any great mods I've overlooked?

I'm looking for non-combat followers. I like the idea of companions, but they really do change the balance of the game, as well as get in the way of spells. People that you can hire as pack mules, gather herbs, mine, or loot for you but avoid combat would be awesome. I'm aware Vilja has a 'avoid combat' mode, are there any great mods I've overlooked?

have you tryed Amazing follower tweaks ?http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15524/?

Is there a mod that makes the vampires less...fugly? I know about: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22774 for your player but what about everyone else?

Something that makes them beautiful like vampires are known to be (they make people fall head over heals with them so I would guess they don't look ugly as hell, I mean yeah they have powers but I haven't seen any ugly vampires since the old 1920-1940's films). I'v seen that underworld eye mod but it just does the eyes and nothing else right?

Oh and are there any good voiced male followers? Or something to help you make your own followers like Fallout 3 and NV has?

All the male follower mods I see don't have what I want, or they do but the follower can't be married, or is into women only (I play a male PC).

Edited by GirlGamer55

Is there a mod that makes the vampires less...fugly? I know about: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22774 for your player but what about everyone else?

Something that makes them beautiful like vampires are known to be (they make people fall head over heals with them so I would guess they don't look ugly as hell, I mean yeah they have powers but I haven't seen any ugly vampires since the old 1920-1940's films). I'v seen that underworld eye mod but it just does the eyes and nothing else right?

Oh and are there any good voiced male followers? Or something to help you make your own followers like Fallout 3 and NV has?

All the male follower mods I see don't have what I want, or they do but the follower can't be married, or is into women only (I play a male PC).

I know Hoth and Atvir Dres are two of the best male followers on the site.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19348//?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24666//?