Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello people,

I'm hoping for a mod which would allow to switch the character class by using a simple key as it was possible to do in Diablo2.

For example :

If I press "1" on my keyboard, my character becomes full archer equipped (ring, amulet, gauntlet, crown, etc.) ; if I press "2", it becomes full two-handed equipped ; and so on ... (of course with items that actually are in my inventory).

I don't know what it would take to develop such a mod, probably not so simple, but for me it would be quite more immersive than having to endlessly switch equipments item by item by pausing the game, for example, during a fight, after a fight, before some lockpicking, to resist fire, etc., etc., etc.

What do you people think?

Thanks for reading, hope my english was not too awful :-p

With this mod http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=4862 (Categorized Favorites) you can switch complete sets of equipment with a shortcut: "Equip sets allow you to specify a set of equipment to equip all at once.". I think you should try that mod. :) There are a lot of other mods with certain minor changes or special config files.

I'm looking for a mod that allows me to rename items during enchanting to more than 30 letters. The thing is that generic enchanted items can have more than 30 letters, e. g.: Dragonplate Gauntlets of Peerless Smithing. If you enchant your own items this isn't possible. I've searched for "item name" but couldn't find anything useful. Maybe someone knows more about that, would be appreciated. :)

Thank for your answer ;-)

Actually I found a mod here that is supposed to match my expectations. It's called "Categorized Favorites Menu" (by favmenumodder) and it was just on the TOP 100 list of Skyrim mods ... :-/

Unfortunately, in my case it seems not to work :-( Everything works fine except that, so far, any customized equipment sets I create in the CFM simply disappear once I leave the CFM.. It is quite frustrating ^^

Thanks again and good luck with your search!

You need the matching versions of Skyrim, SKSE and CFM to make it work properly. Check your Skyrim-version, then go to the files section of CFM on the modsite here and then choose the SKSE-version you need from there: http://skse.silverlock.org/download/archive/ . I had mismatched versions once and it didn't save my settings and equipsets until I deleted the old files and installed the correct versions.

Are there mods that make you disguise?

for example,I'm a Forsworn(my "mod"or,to be more precise and honest,my ".bat")and I want to enter Markath without being killed.Is there a mod that gives me,for example,faction affiliation to Markath Guards so that I can enter the city?

Edited by valery93

I see the mods that "kill kids" & the nude or chain mail bikini mods. I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can do these on xbox, and if so, how? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate info. FYI, I don't agree with killing children, etc. But it's just a game, so why not have fun. Plus, some of the kids can be annoying.

I saw a follower mod in the last week or so that had a console command in the description that changed the "idle region" for a NPC so that they would wander farther around their environment and interact when they were in idle mode. I can't seem to find that mod or the code that was referenced. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd like to find a mod that removes all the magic items/weapons and makes Skyrim a more "natural" type of game. I've always enjoyed the theif/archery type characters, but in Skyrim I find myself really overpowered and I'm not even using the best items. Of course, I could just simply play by avoiding the magic items, but it would be a nicer "feel" if the whole game omitted the them altogether. It's too bad the game isn't very challenging for the more adept gamers. I still really enjoy the world, though. Looking forward to some of the conversions that eliminate the difficulty leveling.