Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys... dont know about you all, but im starting to get pi$$ed off with dragons, vampires and other creatures coming into towns and killing the townsfolk... i see that the guards get replaced (and why wouldnt they be?), but the townsfolk run head first into battle against creatures that should frighten them, and go and get themselves killed all the time, and wiping themselves from the rest of the game... i have actually had Riverwood practically become a ghost town in a couple of play throughs, because virtually everyone was dead. This is actually one of the reasons i stopped playing the main quest until much later in the game, because i was sick of running into riverwood for supplies for Lakeview Manor only to be set on by a dragon that went around trying to kill everyone but me.

Is there a mod that anyone knows of that will protect the villagers in some way? make them run indoors or something? Anything that will cause them to not die just because i choose to do business in a little country town rather than in the cities where dragons dont appear.

Hi guys... dont know about you all, but im starting to get pi$$ed off with dragons, vampires and other creatures coming into towns and killing the townsfolk... i see that the guards get replaced (and why wouldnt they be?), but the townsfolk run head first into battle against creatures that should frighten them, and go and get themselves killed all the time, and wiping themselves from the rest of the game... i have actually had Riverwood practically become a ghost town in a couple of play throughs, because virtually everyone was dead. This is actually one of the reasons i stopped playing the main quest until much later in the game, because i was sick of running into riverwood for supplies for Lakeview Manor only to be set on by a dragon that went around trying to kill everyone but me.

Is there a mod that anyone knows of that will protect the villagers in some way? make them run indoors or something? Anything that will cause them to not die just because i choose to do business in a little country town rather than in the cities where dragons dont appear.

There's some mods that do that. For dragons, there's Run For Your Lives. And in the description for that one, there's a link to When Vampires Attack.

Edited by whoden

This is sort of similar to the last request i suppose. I know it exists, it was in the hotfiles a few months ago but seems to have been completely removed and unless it was buggy as crap i can't think of why. It let you change the level requirements for certain quests (particularly the dlc quests) via MCM menu, so vampires wouldn't attack until level-wise you were damn well ready.

asking because my new character (first since getting Dragonborn, MINOR SPOILER ALERT) rocked into Ivarstead on the way down from High Hrothgar (before getting the Horn of J.W.) at level 9, only been in skyrim maybe 4 days? having only just been named as the dragonborn; only to be accosted by cultists, presumably all the way from frikkin SOLSTHEIM, and attacked! so stopped the game to find this mod, only to have exactly no luck whatsoever.

I hope you guys can help :)

I'm currently looking for two mods. If someone knows if these exist, please feel free to PM me.

_A mod that enables you to give items to non-follower NPCs.

_A mod that enables Vampirism for NPCs or at least your followers. It would be cool if this mod also enables you to see the Active Effects on your follower or any other NPC.

Edited by eLucifer

is there some mod that adds elite guards or some crazy strong warriors like the ebony warrior? but i'm not talking about enemies, i mean non hostile ally/neutral npcs that defend holds, thalmor, shrines, or any other major factions.

Katariah sure could use those.