Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I am currently hunting for all mods that may make my thieving experience in Skyrim a tad better. Because right now, it's slightly bad, to be honest.

So, I enjoy stealthy gameplay and sneaky characters, and I'm currently playing as a thief. However, I want to improve the thievery as much as possible. Any mods that will improve the theft in Skyrim, are greatly appreciated! :D

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently hunting for all mods that may make my thieving experience in Skyrim a tad better. Because right now, it's slightly bad, to be honest.

So, I enjoy stealthy gameplay and sneaky characters, and I'm currently playing as a thief. However, I want to improve the thievery as much as possible. Any mods that will improve the theft in Skyrim, are greatly appreciated! :D

Here try this Mods that re-balance the "Stealth" gameplay and "thievery" overhauls:

Stealth Skill Rebalanced: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28418/

Path of Shadows: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10456/?

Sneak Tools: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19447/?

Basically that's it. But if you want some Sneak enhancements like "camouflage" enchantments on armors that'll make you practically invisible try this Armor mod

Black Sacrament: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5696/?

It's a armor mod that has a customize sneak attack multiplier as wells as a customize invisible enchantment.

Im looking for a Mod that starts a New Game with the Vanilla opening Credits, but after you Escape Helgen through the Cave, the word Skyrim should now appear on the Screen.

Is there a Mod like that, it would be cool like the Lord of the Rings Opening with the Base Title afterwards.

you could set the MQQuickStart variable in the main menu before starting new game in order to start new game after you escape Helgen through the Cave and there's no need of any mods to do so (but you probably know about that)

QuickStart

open console and type:

set MQQuickStart to 3

and start new game...

Other options for MQQuickStart:

0: The game starts normally. Default.

1: The game attempts to start after the cart ride, but something appears to be broken.

2: The game starts at the very beginning of the Helgen Keep dungeon, right after you've chosen who to follow.

3: The game starts at the very end of the Helgen Keep dungeon with a basic set of equipment pre-set to your character.

4: Seemingly the same as option 2?

Options 2-4 will pop up a dialog box on game start asking whether you want to follow the Imperial (Hadvar) or the Stormcloak (Ralof).

.. but I suppose this is more about the cinematic impression aka LOTR opening and not about skipping the begining of the game huh? :D ... to be honest it would be quite easy to do it exactly as you wish, but even so it is a bit "too much" work for the sake of changing 3 seconds in game and satisfying only one request.. :wink:)

Hi everyone, first of all my apologies if my english isnt the better.

Im new modding Skyrim and im having a hard time trying to find the mods that will make my character look like the screenshot i share here.

I want those hairs and i dont know where to get them (im using apachiskyhair, plus natural retexture).

on that screenshot are used "Better Females by Bella" for face textures and "ApachiiSkyHair" for hairstyles... it is a bit confusing that in the latest version of ApachiiSkyHair 1.5 is not including all previous versions, If I remember right you need to download ApachiiSkyHairFemale_v_1_2 to get all hairstyles :wink:)

Also i wonder why these females have that pose instead of the normal idle one... and finally, this armor looks great (Northgirl Armor UNP), and its UNP (wich im actually using), but the breast size seems a lot bigger than mine, but not enough to make it look ridiculous, i like that. How's that posibly? How do you increase the breast size with UNP? Do i have to move the "weight slide"? Cause that makes my character look like a refrigerator. Im a little confused since this armor in particular is UNP, not CBBE neither UNPB. Any ideas? Tips? Thanks in advance!

... you can indeed install custom animations & idles... the idle pose on the screenshot looks similar to Castanistic'sidle replacer... but I'm not sure - or maybe it reminds me idles that were part of Dragonfly's animations for breast and butt physics.. there's not so many mods with animations so it shouldn't be that hard for you to find it :wink:) (to just take screenshots you could force NPCs idles & custom animations by using FNIS)

about armors & body types - almost all armors (the torso part) are done so that they swaps to body model they are made for (no matter which body type are you using).. this means that if you are using UNP body and try to equip some CBBE armor then the UNP body will be replaced with CBBE and usually it should work with no problems only the body texture won't be precisely matching.. anyway, how big the breasts are (speaking of armor, not body preset) totally depends on the creator of the armor.. but if you want to customize UNP (or any other) body - for example make the breasts slightly bigger => use BodySlide 2 for that.. it is easy :wink:) last thing - if you wish to edit the size of your characters breasts in-game by using slider and not creating "refrigerator", then you need ECE or RaceMenu - both these mods are enhancers for character editation and adds single slider just to control breast size.. besides other things of course...

http://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/38053-1-1373207232.jpg

Edited by cubedj21

Does anyone know if there is a mod that replaces the normal vampires with a more ferocious fear inducing version?ingame vampires are talked about as if they are just unfathomably powerful and to meet one ensures your death. the guy who gives you the dawnguard quest says something to the effect of "the vigilants of stendarr hunt daedra worshippers, which is why they got torn to pieces when they went up against vampires." and im thinking like, "torn to pieces? all they do is cast drain life on you and thwack you with a dagger." im trying to find a mod that will turn them into something more fearsome to battle and more fear inducing in encounters. maybe something that will make them look like the vamps from Van Helsing or the movie Priest. maybe something simply replaces all the vamps in the game with vamp lord look alikes that use claw attacks and bite and whatnot. thanks in advance, and i hope i didnt come off as criptic and rude.

.. but I suppose this is more about the cinematic impression aka LOTR opening and not about skipping the begining of the game huh? :D ... to be honest it would be quite easy to do it exactly as you wish, but even so it is a bit "too much" work for the sake of changing 3 seconds in game and satisfying only one request.. :wink:)

Yea its not really a big deal, but thanks for the advice, lets hope TES6 does something like this witch i doubt :tongue:

Edited by daventry

.. anyone noticed that destruction magic projectiles have slightly different trajectory if the killmove is used?... The projectile hits (often even misses) the target while in killcam mode... It is small "-Z" axe deviation (as if been aiming lower than crosshair really is) and it exponentially grows dependent on target distance.. It is usually the cause of situation when killmove is being peformed but nothing is truly killed :D

Am I alone or is it known issue and is there any way to fix it?

.. anyone noticed that destruction magic projectiles have slightly different trajectory if the killmove is used?... The projectile hits (often even misses) the target while in killcam mode... It is small "-Z" axe deviation (as if been aiming lower than crosshair really is) and it exponentially grows dependent on target distance.. It is usually the cause of situation when killmove is being peformed but nothing is truly killed :D

I have been seeing this consistently but haven't gotten around to asking about it. I can aim in exactly the same spot and miss 3 times in a row when the killmove animation is used, then the 4th time kill the target when the killmove animation isn't used.

I have been seeing this consistently but haven't gotten around to asking about it. I can aim in exactly the same spot and miss 3 times in a row when the killmove animation is used, then the 4th time kill the target when the killmove animation isn't used.

yep, that's it! :)) well, I'm really glad that it's not something messed up by me again :D but it looks like sort of a problem impossible to fix just by using Creation Kit :-/