Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Is this the place to ask if a certain mod exists?

I was told that an ENB could help me with making unlit areas not pitch black after installing ELFX. So I tried T.A.Z because I heard it's really good and my performance dropped from 60fps to 20fps. OK, good ENBs are not for me. Are there any that wont impact my performance to near unplayable levels AND will make dark places visible while using ELFX?

I have 6GB RAM, 2GB VRAM, and Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ (2.5/3.5 Turbo GHz)

If ELFX makes the base game too dark for you, you should probably drop it and use Relighting Skyrim with Enhanced Lighting for ENB Lite.

@ daedriccat: The liptint makes me think that's Better Females by Bella.

Edited by Laereal

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Bella's Better Females. The lips aren't that full, and the coloring doesn't fill completely with lip tintmask replacers. The eye makeup is different, too. I think this is a different face texture.

Edited by daedriccat

Hey therem. I want to make a spellsword character or more fully magic character that is a God of electric powers so i want to know where can i find the best electric spells...

Skyre maybe?

Colorful magic?

Midas magic?

Another?

I havent been able to test any of those yet so Im looking for help.

Also a mod that speeds up casting time for magic would be nice but not imperative. I rathee have very cool looking electric spells!

Hi everyone.

I want to play skyrim without using anything which makes the game feel like a game.

The first thing is I don't want to use any hud information like stamina stealth or some writing on the screen which says what it is. I want to get these informations with some visual or sound affects or maybe some text on the items.

Another thing is I also don't want to use the map. I want to figure out where I am myself. Although I can use the map where I can see in game but not the vanilla one is there any mod also help me do that.

I also want to ask people about where I am or how can I go somewhere rather than looking map. For the last one I was thinking making a mod myself but I want to be sure if is there any mod like that. I also here if people wants that kind of mod and which way should I handle it with general or some NPCs with different text.

Kethus - you might try ELO instead of ENB. Although if you want to try ENB again with ELFX, have a look at Vividian, it has a performance option and is designed to work with ELFX. This is what i use.

I am looking for mods that improve gameplay and visuals for staves.

I played the last 300 hours with perma and while I really like it, it's pretty bad for staves. Thats mainly due to lack of scaling and useful perks. I've had a look at sperg and ordinator, but they have too many things I dislike. Staves of Skyrim and empowered magic are really interesting and go in the direction I want, but are both unsupported nowadays. I want the staff to be the main damage tool and use the left hand mostly for utilty.

I play in third person and with the help of dual sheath redux and all geared up I have the staff on my back at all times even when using spells in both hands which is pretty awesome. However I can't find any animation for staff draw/sheathe.

I hope somebody can help me here, thanks in advance.

I use Bella's Better Females. The lips aren't that full, and the coloring doesn't fill completely with lip tintmask replacers. The eye makeup is different, too. I think this is a different face texture.

Have you tried the other make-up options under Better Female's download section? The person who made the character in the screenshot could have added more layers of eye make-up on top of what was provided on the diffusemap they're using. They may also have chosen a fuller lip. You may have to play around with the make-up options in RaceMenu to get that look. There's also Better Females Natural Edition if you haven't seen it yet. You can also check out lip mods like Pretty Lips.

It's also hard to figure out if they are using another skin texture depending on the post-processing effect that was applied to a game. Some ENBs have blurring effects that makes it hard to recognize details on the skin that would be needed to identify the exact skin mod they are using.

Edited by Laereal