Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not the Alternate Start mod, then I'm not sure. That's the only thing that seems to come up. Perhaps it something the mod author took down, and that's why we can't find it?

maybe :sad: ..

the fact that one tends to search "alternative start" if looking for a mod like this and there is an actual mod called "alternative start" does not make looking for this mod any easier :'(

Edited by bdbarbeque

One example that comes up of a mod that no longer exists is Skyrim Unbound. All links to it on Steam show it doesn't exist (meaning, the author or Steam took it down). Another is Hall of Beginnings. There is also Character Creation Overhaul. Most likely, it was Skyrim Unbound from what I can glean from other forums and posts, and unfortunately, that mod no longer exists unless someone here has an old copy, but I think that is frowned upon by the powers-that-be.

Sorry, I'm just reaching for straws at this point as Google has (predictably) failed (which begs the question for another thread, is Google even relevant anymore to modders since it returns such stupid results as "Russian Mail Order Brides" when I look for CK warnings--not sure what one has to do with the other; maybe if I screw up the CK, I get a Russian bride?). I never played Skyrim Unbound, so I can't tell you if that was it, but perhaps someone here still remembers it. I see references to it over on LL, but even their links are dead.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I checked some videos of Skyrim Unbound and I can say for certain that it was NOT the mod I'm looking for
Hall of Beginnings and CCO are also not it.

I'm going through months and years worth of mod download history hoping to find it.

edit:

PrinceShroob Main Quest Delayer

I finally found it thanks to IsharaMeradin in another thread.

Edited by bdbarbeque

I have a mod that is annoying me & I want to remove it. Trouble is I can't remember which one it is. There is a blind priestess just inside the Whiterun gate outside Warmadens. The priestess stops me passing every time I enter or leave Whiterun & is attempting to talk with me, but unfortunately the voice dialog is broken so I only get a text prompt. I think it's a new quest expansion. Can anyone identify this mod ?

[EDIT] Found it & removed it. It was Beyond Reach

Edited by pcaviator

A while ago I found this picture on some kind of 4chan site. Someone used it as an ad for an upcoming patron. I however am not aware if the ad poster has made this himself or that this is some kind of existing race that they used for this picture. Someone was already flaming him for using skyrim assets.

Im really wondering what race or follower it is.

Edited by damusohot

A while ago I found this picture on some kind of 4chan site. Someone used it as an ad for an upcoming patron. I however am not aware if the ad poster has made this himself or that this is some kind of existing race that they used for this picture. Someone was already flaming him for using skyrim assets.

Whoah--quick censor it before the moderators see it! Remember, this is a public forum, so it has to be censored. :smile:

Also, that might just be a preset, not a specific race, most likely CBBE. I could probably put that together in about twenty minutes in CBBE with Apachii Sky Hair, Improved Eyes Skyrim, and ECE.

Edited by twowolves80

Whoah--quick censor it before the moderators see it! Remember, this is a public forum, so it has to be censored. :smile:

Also, that might just be a preset, not a specific race, most likely CBBE.

Oops lol, Ill fix that first. Thx

Really, Would it be that easy? Or does it require allot of experience/knowledge?

If not I would try it myself instead of asking others ofcourse.

Anyways, the face looked like no preset I have seen before thats why I was asking :)

Edited by damusohot