Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hello, apologies if this has been answered in this thread before but a search didn't find what I was looking for. I'm hoping someone could tell me if there is a mod that will change NPC's clothes in-game and make the clothes stay there? So far all I could find "You Wear What I Tell You to Wear" and one other whose name I forget ATM, but neither work. The NPC will run around nude or put their original clothes back on after three days as soon as I unfollow them, not to mention both mods require they be followers to change their clothes.

In short, is there a mod that lets me change an NPC's default clothes in game without having to make them a follower and have the clothes stay there?

I have deleted my comment, if it was a post that I created feel free to delete it from nexus. thanks

Edited by rodr1ss

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I find a mod that adds physics to capes? I've long used 360 Run Walk Plus to keep cloaks from clipping through character's legs. Problem is though its incompatible with a lot of animation mods. In particular, I had to stop using EVG conditional idles because it caused the clipping issue to return whenever an npc was doing one of the newly added animations.

There used to be a mod called hdt cloaks, but I can't find it anymore. All the links I can find to it are dead. There is a mod called Illustrious Cloaks which is based on it, but it only affects the player character. I guess that would sorta take top priority, but I'm a roleplayer so I always play in first person, making this useless to me.

Is there any alternative I can use? I can't find one on the nexus, or anywhere. Regarding hdt cloaks, I've seen a lot of people requesting that mod all over the internet, but it would seem that no one has a copy of it even. That makes sense given that it probably wasn't a mod literally everyone used. Point is, the thing may be completely lost! This is why I've long preferred to manually download mods, sadly I had no idea this mod existed until now. Never cared much for physics mods either since lets be real the movements normally aren't very convincing, and they are prone to being glitchy. Also, for SE the only physics mods to ever get ported over were 'adult' mods, no cloaks or jewelry or that mod that makes your weapons jostle around. What the crap?

Where can I find a mod that adds physics to capes? I've long used 360 Run Walk Plus to keep cloaks from clipping through character's legs. Problem is though its incompatible with a lot of animation mods. In particular, I had to stop using EVG conditional idles because it caused the clipping issue to return whenever an npc was doing one of the newly added animations.

There used to be a mod called hdt cloaks, but I can't find it anymore. All the links I can find to it are dead. There is a mod called Illustrious Cloaks which is based on it, but it only affects the player character. I guess that would sorta take top priority, but I'm a roleplayer so I always play in first person, making this useless to me.

Is there any alternative I can use? I can't find one on the nexus, or anywhere. Regarding hdt cloaks, I've seen a lot of people requesting that mod all over the internet, but it would seem that no one has a copy of it even. That makes sense given that it probably wasn't a mod literally everyone used. Point is, the thing may be completely lost! This is why I've long preferred to manually download mods, sadly I had no idea this mod existed until now. Never cared much for physics mods either since lets be real the movements normally aren't very convincing, and they are prone to being glitchy. Also, for SE the only physics mods to ever get ported over were 'adult' mods, no cloaks or jewelry or that mod that makes your weapons jostle around. What the crap?

I have deleted my comment, if it was a post that I created feel free to delete it from nexus. thanks

Edited by rodr1ss

I can't find what you're talking about. I searched through all the mods that have hdt physics as a master. None were a match.

Edited by rodr1ss

Guess I need to clarify then. I'm not having a problem with capes clipping through the 'body'. The problem with capes is that they're a static unmoving model. This means that character's heels clip through the bottom of the cape as they run. I also have a problem with the cape clipping through my character's legs when I sit down, due to the lower half of the cape trying to stay in line with my character's thighs, even though this requires it to clip through my character's shins when I sit.

Also, as stated, I normally play in first person, so I'm more concerned about this on npcs than the player character. Illustrious capes only works on the player character, and to add insult to injury it doesn't support Winter is Coming, which is the primary cloak mod I use. Fun times.

Guess I need to clarify then. I'm not having a problem with capes clipping through the 'body'. The problem with capes is that they're a static unmoving model. This means that character's heels clip through the bottom of the cape as they run. I also have a problem with the cape clipping through my character's legs when I sit down, due to the lower half of the cape trying to stay in line with my character's thighs, even though this requires it to clip through my character's shins when I sit.

Also, as stated, I normally play in first person, so I'm more concerned about this on npcs than the player character. Illustrious capes only works on the player character, and to add insult to injury it doesn't support Winter is Coming, which is the primary cloak mod I use. Fun times.

Edited by rodr1ss

Hi guys I'm trying to get the unofficial skyrim special edition patch 4.2.1 I need it to run on skyrim version 1.5.97 but can't find it anywhere, dose anyone know where to find it so I can download or if someone has that version of it would you be willing to email me a copy of the file

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I found that one of my Followers, Sofia, whom I set to Very Aggressive, and gave all kinds of Shouts including "modified" Reanimate/Zombie Spells/Shouts, managed to turn three Mammoths and the Riften Horse[cart] to ashes. It seems that all creatures in game can be turned into Zombies except horses. Generally, I leave Sofi outside Whiterun just to Harvest npc mods or as a on-the-spot "Summon Creature" in Relax mode.

Is there a way to change or add script? to the horse so that they can be turned into Zombies and eventual ash piles as the horse body count will pile up in locations especial around my six 'Shouting' Followers? Is there a mod that allows for the Vaporizes of horses?

Edited by Farzaneh