Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hello everybody, I'm working on Alice:MR based stuff. And I like looking at other people mods to figure out things.

I keep getting asked about this, and was even told a quest mod did something like it, all I need is a mod that actively changes color of surroundings based on original texture, but not certain models.

Actually, all I really need is selectively altered saturation to produce a Hysteria effect, like in Alice:MR. I do not need something like Imaginator, which is just overall filters and whatnot.

I'm probably going to have to do something really complicated to do this aren't I?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys sorry if this is the wrong place for this but i am stuck...

there is a shortage of really cool male armors out there and i would like to make a few.

i want to combine some armors to create a new one. i have : 3dsmax, photoshop, nifskope, the dds ps importer and skyedit. im purty sure thats all i need, if not please tell me how stupid i am. my problem is i cannot separate the pieces of the armor in 3dsmax due to the fact that im an idiot and dont know how to use 3ds max. i am pretty good in photoshop so the textures are easy for me... its the modeling that is killing me. isthere an easy way to mix and match pieces together or am i dreaming and stuck with doing it from scratch? i have scoured youtube's tutorials, but they are all from scratch.

now if one of yas wants to take pity on a stupid old stay at home dad and do this for me i will be oh so happy but honestly i would rather do it meself so as to become a contributing member of the site rather than a leach.

Long story short: HELP ME PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!

So you just want to combine bit of armor? That's totally doable, lots of armor is in multiple pieces, you just need to mold em to the body. Many of the armor peices and weapons have multiple parts that can be using 1 texture between all of them or individual textures for each bit. I use blender for editing like that, and I found a circle tool that selects triangle, vertices and the like, and then I delete them, and fill in the gaps where needed, though I only do that in the case my armor is to large of an object, like a hat being part of the curiass and stuff like that, and then peice em back together in a more skyrim like way. There is also a program called 4d studio that seems epic for this sort of thing, but alas, it's not free and just as diabolical as 3dsmax. (I know all of this sounds totally noobish)

My question is how the heck do i get the damn model to jive with the character model, I'm not touching anything body wise until I know how to get a friggin hat to work in game.

And this isn't realy the right place to ask, just commenting because I was asking a question too :3

there is a shortage of really cool male armors out there and i would like to make a few.

i want to combine some armors to create a new one. i have : 3dsmax, photoshop, nifskope, the dds ps importer and skyedit. im purty sure thats all i need, if not please tell me how stupid i am. my problem is i cannot separate the pieces of the armor in 3dsmax due to the fact that im an idiot and dont know how to use 3ds max. i am pretty good in photoshop so the textures are easy for me... its the modeling that is killing me. isthere an easy way to mix and match pieces together or am i dreaming and stuck with doing it from scratch? i have scoured youtube's tutorials, but they are all from scratch.

now if one of yas wants to take pity on a stupid old stay at home dad and do this for me i will be oh so happy but honestly i would rather do it meself so as to become a contributing member of the site rather than a leach.

So you just want to combine bit of armor? That's totally doable, lots of armor is in multiple pieces, you just need to mold em to the body. Many of the armor peices and weapons have multiple parts that can be using 1 texture between all of them or individual textures for each bit. I use blender for editing like that, and I found a circle tool that selects triangle, vertices and the like, and then I delete them, and fill in the gaps where needed, though I only do that in the case my armor is to large of an object, like a hat being part of the curiass and stuff like that, and then peice em back together in a more skyrim like way. There is also a program called 4d studio that seems epic for this sort of thing, but alas, it's not free and just as diabolical as 3dsmax. (I know all of this sounds totally noobish)

My question is how the heck do i get the damn model to jive with the character model, I'm not touching anything body wise until I know how to get a friggin hat to work in game.

And this isn't realy the right place to ask, just commenting because I was asking a question too :3

holy crap i think that was what i was missing thabk you soooo much hopefully i will be uploading some new male armors soon!!

Edited by elrickxhood

holy crap i think that was what i was missing thabk you soooo much hopefully i will be uploading some new male armors soon!!

sorry guys, premature celebration... blender is for textures... i need to modify the meshes, ie. take the shoulders off this armor and add it to that one etc...

Edited by elrickxhood

sorry guys, premature celebration... blender is for textures... i need to modify the meshes, ie. take the shoulders off this armor and add it to that one etc...

Uh you can't? I consider creating deleting and messing with modifying.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/fjarri/hatterproof.png

you can do a lot more than that, especially with the newer version

>>>>>>>>>>>SORRY WE ARE GOING OFF TRACK! PLEASE DON't KILL ME!

no im an idiot, as i said previously... i was using caliente's blender...not the one u meant...sorry thanx for the help. the screenie was what clued me in!