Standing Stones

jleggett08

Just lookingt to get other peoples opinions on which standing stone they prefer to use the majority of the time and what it grants. I recently found one that grants +100 to carrying weight and makes it so you suffer no loss when running from equipted armor, which is a huge plus considering i wear all heavy :). Ill get back to you all with the name for anyone interested later on. Thanks Edited by jleggett08

For non-mage charactes I have always preferred the Atronach sign in TES games. In Skyrim I find it even better than usual, since all it does is slows your magicka regen, which really is not an issue at all. All I really use magicka anyway is healing, and since I use 2 handed weapons, and the way spell casting is set up in Skyrim, it's not something I can do with spells in the middle of a battle. Healing happens between foes and when standing in a dragon's breath.

I really find it a bit over powered to be honest. The 50 point magicka boost is 5 levels of attribute gains, and on top of that you get a partial spell absorption. And since magicka regenerates way too fast as is, you really don't even notice the down side.

However, for mages In Skyrim , I'd suggest the Lord stone.

Edited by hymhym

The Lover Stone, by FAR the best. 15% faster skill level speed on all skills, only a 5% sacrifice for one of the three archetypes. It can't be beat for me currently. Though the Steed Stone looks tempting...

Because i tend to run around in heavy armour, and can't see myself paying for the perk, i go with the Steed, every time. Because it makes your equiped armour weigh 0, if your in full Daedric its like having an extra 200 pound carry weight. AND it increases carryng by 100 Edited by Lachdonin