aaAAAAGH ! Steam wont launch Skyrim

Rowland1

Alright guys I found an easy fix for it.

1. Start up steam.

2. Go to your library and find Skyrim.

3. Right-click on it and select properties.

4. Go to the Local Files tab.

5. Click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'....

6. Let it do it's thing.

7. Start Skyrim back up and play.

Oh and right after I did that the game patched so I don't know if it's thanks to the patch or if it's what I did so good luck to you guys and hope this helped.

Yeah, that worked for me. Steam patched the game afterwards the cache verify`ing. (Even though I don`t like Steam so much)

Played for several hours after the pacthing, great game :happy: Who would have thought it would take many hours just to get through the quest Revealing the Unseen - Mzulft :tongue:

Alright guys I found an easy fix for it.

1. Start up steam.

2. Go to your library and find Skyrim.

3. Right-click on it and select properties.

4. Go to the Local Files tab.

5. Click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'....

6. Let it do it's thing.

7. Start Skyrim back up and play.

Oh and right after I did that the game patched so I don't know if it's thanks to the patch or if it's what I did so good luck to you guys and hope this helped.

THANK you, Rendan. Worked like a charm. MUCH appreciated!

And what if that doesn't work, Rendan?

Alright guys, btw hello!(first time is these forums)

....I been playing Skyrim too and I ran into this exact issue...that is- the hitting the play button and then the launcher just reappears.

What I do to solve this problem is put in the Skyrim Disc and hit the re-install button. It takes literally 2 minutes to re-install on my machine.

Steam will make you re-download the patch. I download at about 768kbps and it finished in 5 minutes. Hope this helps you guys out and just know

that this play button bug has been happening to me since 2 weeks ago and has occurred about 3 times. So not too big of a deal though i wish this

bug would get patched already.

Alright guys, btw hello!(first time is these forums)....I been playing Skyrim too and I ran into this exact issue...that is- the hitting the play button and then the launcher just reappears.What I do to solve this problem is put in the Skyrim Disc and hit the re-install button. It takes literally 2 minutes to re-install on my machine.Steam will make you re-download the patch. I download at about 768kbps and it finished in 5 minutes. Hope this helps you guys out and just knowthat this play button bug has been happening to me since 2 weeks ago and has occurred about 3 times. So not too big of a deal though i wish thisbug would get patched already.

What your doing is basically the same thing as described earlier in this topic.

Both ways verify the gamefiles and repair if something is out of whack.

I just ran into this issue myself and simply verifying the gamefiles solved the problem...and guess what: the second it was done, steam started downloading the patch, eventhough i turned that OFF.

I just started Skyrim, steam did the 1.3 patch, but now the menu comes up and I press play and it just loops and does not play the game.

I tried the Skyrim 4gb loader and it says that it cannot find the file.

anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

How do you go back to patch 1.1? I have a back up of the game just after I installed it. How would I play it without having Steam try to patch it?

Alright guys, btw hello!(first time is these forums)....I been playing Skyrim too and I ran into this exact issue...that is- the hitting the play button and then the launcher just reappears.What I do to solve this problem is put in the Skyrim Disc and hit the re-install button. It takes literally 2 minutes to re-install on my machine.Steam will make you re-download the patch. I download at about 768kbps and it finished in 5 minutes. Hope this helps you guys out and just knowthat this play button bug has been happening to me since 2 weeks ago and has occurred about 3 times. So not too big of a deal though i wish thisbug would get patched already.

What your doing is basically the same thing as described earlier in this topic.

Both ways verify the gamefiles and repair if something is out of whack.

I just ran into this issue myself and simply verifying the gamefiles solved the problem...and guess what: the second it was done, steam started downloading the patch, eventhough i turned that OFF.

yes, you're correct; it is indeed the same thing, so next time it happens i'll verify the game files instead of reinstalling, downloading the patch isn't too bad now but i'm

afraid that if this bug isnt corrected the patch will be annoying later on when its greater in size ;\