Possible awesome UI

Tardivex

Anything that brings back the "paper doll" view of your character while sorting inventory is a winner for me.

Yup, I like actually seeing my character and what he's wearing in the inventory screen, that UI sucks, even Oblivion UI was much better, it had less pointless scrolling...

Sorry to wake you up from the sweet dreams, but this current UI has just only one reason: console controllers!

I play on the PC and yep, I'm guilty, I possess an USB Xbox 360 controller (great with GTA4 and JC2). And yet I OBVIOUSLY prefer keyboard and mouse for TES.

They made up this UI thinking of a certain digital directional cross shaped control that all consoles share since the PSOne first shown up. Actually you can take advantage of the very easy-to-use UI by using the forward/backward/strafe commands from your keyboard without touching your mouse.

Something like:

-. Open UI (the cross with inventory, magic, skills and map)

-. Strafe Right for inventory

-. Backward to go down to armors

-. Strafe Right again to open armors sub list

-. Use command to chose what you wanna wear

-. Strafe Left to close armors sub list

-. Strafe Left again to close the inventory

-. Strafe Left once again to open the magic menu

-. and so on, left-right-up-down-use-toss-etc-etc-etc

The only thing you're forced to use your mouse for, is selecting which hand will hold the weapon or cast the magic.

I actually HATE this UI, it's not "comfortable" at all!!! The only positive thing is the Favourites quick menu, I love it. I'm full of rings and necklaces and weapons enchanted for specific situations and it'd be a pain in the crack, if I had to open the full inventory every single time!

Sorry to wake you up from the sweet dreams, but this current UI has just only one reason: console controllers!

I play on the PC and yep, I'm guilty, I possess an USB Xbox 360 controller (great with GTA4 and JC2). And yet I OBVIOUSLY prefer keyboard and mouse for TES.

They made up this UI thinking of a certain digital directional cross shaped control that all consoles share since the PSOne first shown up. Actually you can take advantage of the very easy-to-use UI by using the forward/backward/strafe commands from your keyboard without touching your mouse.

Something like:

-. Open UI (the cross with inventory, magic, skills and map)

-. Strafe Right for inventory

-. Backward to go down to armors

-. Strafe Right again to open armors sub list

-. Use command to chose what you wanna wear

-. Strafe Left to close armors sub list

-. Strafe Left again to close the inventory

-. Strafe Left once again to open the magic menu

-. and so on, left-right-up-down-use-toss-etc-etc-etc

The only thing you're forced to use your mouse for, is selecting which hand will hold the weapon or cast the magic.

I actually HATE this UI, it's not "comfortable" at all!!! The only positive thing is the Favourites quick menu, I love it. I'm full of rings and necklaces and weapons enchanted for specific situations and it'd be a pain in the crack, if I had to open the full inventory every single time!

I don't agree, I mean it's sort of a mod so nothing for consoles, and from 100% of PC Skyrim players, only like 5-10% use gamepads, I mean why use a gamepad to play Skyrim on PC? So yeah I don't think it has console controllers in mind, the little square inventory is proof enough that you have to use your mouse and it's much more comfortable with it, also you don'thave to scroll through categories, you just click them, also I don't think that tab thingy is needed anymore, because you have inventory, magic, map and skills all in that one menu, theres also great things about it like filters, actually seeing your character in the inventory, seeing your blessing and what in game day/week it is, I LOVE this UI, in my opinion it's very good

When a UI favors listings vs icons in an inventory bag.... that is how you know the game is geared for console.

Makes it much faster for navigating items when you just scroll down or up with a joystick.

The mouse selection in this game is proof enough that the UI is geared for a console pad. :wallbash:

I really wish this would come out NOW LOL, i love it, will be using the grid UI, and it also has a certain...morrowind feel to it :)

and yes this UI was designed around mouse+keyboard NOT you controller people..you're the reason we get so upset over the UI it sucks

wish they would update with a new thread as that thread has been locked for awhile and iv been watching this UI overhaul since it was first shown public

I really wish this would come out NOW LOL, i love it, will be using the grid UI, and it also has a certain...morrowind feel to it :)

and yes this UI was designed around mouse+keyboard NOT you controller people..you're the reason we get so upset over the UI it sucks

wish they would update with a new thread as that thread has been locked for awhile and iv been watching this UI overhaul since it was first shown public

Yup, I don't see why people are saying this is made with gamepad in mind, I mean like you said, theres a Morrowind fell to it, and Morrowind for those console gamers that don't know, was made with PC in mind, also, why would someone make an even more consolified UI? You wouldn't be able to install it on consoles anyways, and like I said, who plays Skyrim on PC with a pad anyways? :facepalm: