ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Writing your own books :)

metalfourbe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see that i'm not the only one interested by writing books in game, and i didn't even thought of things such as the murder list,wich would be highly enjoyable ^^Even a hunter could keep track of the animals he killed etc.

And the idea of filling the bookshelves with our own books is awesome...need this...quick :)

Kyoma's Journal Mod does this for oblivion... it required obse to work...

Since SKSE is in the works, if someone could track down Kyoma and ask him/her to port it to skyrim, or get permission to port it over... then problem solved! :)

I agree. This would be a very useful mod. I like the idea to of being able to take notes in-game instead of scribbling things down on paper on my desk or having to flip back to Notepad in Windows. I find it useful to keep track of what factions inhabit the different dungeons/locations I've discovered. In Oblivion I used to keep track of what locations I've cleared; although it's nice to see that Skyrim notes this on the map. It can also be useful to keep track of where certain plants are or ore veins, etc.

This is a great idea. I never even thought about this before reading this post. I like the idea and i am sure i would use it, at least a little. I was doing this in world of warcraft. I use to wrote little notes about the NPCs, beasts, quests, region or loot. Stuff that matters to a adventurer. I hope someone makes this for skyrim.

Since the game is in C++ now, i am not sure if we can port mods from Oblivion to Skyrim. I also think that you won't get any response from the author. Our best chance is to get a modder interested in making this mod once the creation kit is out.

I hope we will get lucky.

Edited by Dwight Darkmoon

I still have hope.

After reading your post, i clicked on the link metalfourbe gave us and noticed that Journal Mod by Kyoma was uploaded on 14 February 2008 and was last updated on 16 march 2011. That is good news. Chances are that this person is still around and busy playing skyrim.

I hope we will get lucky. :)

Edited by Dwight Darkmoon