I need help with Outfit Studio

MichaelTorr

I'm trying to build a custom player character based on UNP HDT (I have both UNP bodies and HDT physics installed) and I am having a really hard time.

I can build a custom character in game (ShowRaceMenu and use UNP morphs), but then none of the armors fit, they're all set to the vanilla mesh.

So I got Bodyslider / Outfit Studio to convert armors.

I selected UNP HDT, moved around the sliders on high weight (I don't really understand what low weight is for and if it is important that I adjust things on that side). After creating the body shape I wanted, I saved the preset. I then clicked “build” (held ctrl to build to the working directory) and did the same with hands and feet.

Then I went to outfit studio. This is where I am stuck.

I select “load new project”. I chose “From Template” (UNP HDT) and “File From” and clicked on the name of my custom preset (the xml file). I click on “next”.

The next page tells me to select an outfit/mesh to work on.

This is where I am stuck, I don't know what to do. If I click “from file” it takes me to CalienteTools/BodySlide/SliderPresets.

There is nothing there for me to select.

1. Am I supposed to retrieve armor meshes from the Skyrim/Data/Meshes folder?

2. Am I supposed to copy meshes from the Skyrim/Data/Meshes folder and place them in a custom directory?

3. When I convert these armors, is this going to overwrite the vanilla armors and apply it to all NPC's?

4. Am I supposed to make my Player Character a unique race in Creation Kit, create a folder for that race for body parts and armor, copy over all the vanilla armors, and then use Outfit Studio to overwrite the armors/meshes in that unique race folder?

Perhaps if I could get passed this one area I am stuck on, the answer to those last few questions would become obvious.

Anyhow, any help?

Oh and since this is somewhat relevant. I have HDT physics installed. My boobs don't bounce in game. I know there is an HDT bouncing breasts mod, but I read on some forum you didn't need it if you had HDT physics installed (was I lied to?).

And when I do convert armor to my custom UNP HDT body slider preset, do I have to do something to make an area of the outfit bouncy? I'd much rather reserve bouncy armor for robes, nothing looks more silly than steel armor bouncing like breasts.

If the question about the HDT Physics is too complicated, just skip answering that, I'll figure it out later or make it a separate post.

Ok I see what you are doing wrong.

FIrst of all, you don't want to build to the "working" directory. Just hit "Build" this will replace the bodymesh in your game with the new one. Make sure you are using the UNP HDT body. Do the same for the hands and feet.

Load up the game, take off your clothes, make sure everything looks right and is bouncing. If its not bouncing, make sure you installed the HDT bounce stuff that is included with bodyslide.

Now, download armors that have a UUNP Bodyslide conversions. There are tons available. Install them, making sure their CalienteTools folders are installed. (what mod manager are you using?)

Now, select the armor you want from your bodyslide dropdown list, select the body preset you created and then hit "build" this will replace the armor mesh in your data folder with a new one built to your specifications.

As for the weight slider, during character creation there is a weight slider, from zero to 100. The low mesh is used for 0, the high mesh for 100, and everything inbetween is an interpolation of the two. All NPCs also have a weight setting. Since all female NPCs will use the same body mesh as the player character, this creates body variation. If you want everyone to have the same body you can make both the same (there are arrows to copy from one to the other in Bodyslide).

Anyway, those are the basics, if you need more just let me know.