Detonator version 42.72

Strutski

I think the 42.72 detonators were beta versions, they are not on Nvidia.com but I know they exist as numerous video card review & benchmarking articles state they were using these drivers.

I've searched high and low and even emailed sites like Tom's hardware and Thresh's Firing Squad... no response <_<

If anyone can help I would grant them 3 wi... I would be very grateful.

some sites dont post up the date of the article, but i do remember these drivers being released, although, now the Nvidia site has the 50.?? drivers on it, so its probably best to stick with them.

what video card are you using?

lucky you, a fx5800 ultra, how does morrowind run with one of those?

well, if you know anyone who used to read PC Powerplay, or any other PC mag where they give out a cd each month with demo's drivers and all, there should be come early ones there.

if i find one of mine with old drivers ill PM you, since im getting a geforce fx5200 (really cheap) soon, ill be searching for drivers, seeing which ones work great with ut2003 and morrowind

yeah well if you find them I'd appreciate it, the fx5800 runs very well but the motherboard only supports AGP x 4, when I upgrade to a newer P4 rig with AGP x8 motherboard it should improve things.

Right now averages 33 frames a second in Balmora with view distance and AI distance on about 80% with no shadows. Strangely rain doesn't affect these framerates which might suggest rain effects are video card dependant not CPU dependant and that therefore the fx5800 is being held back by the rest of the system, but that's my speculation I have no idea how to test such a thing. good luck with the new card.

yeah well if you find them I'd appreciate it, the fx5800 runs very well but the motherboard only supports AGP x 4, when I upgrade to a newer P4 rig with AGP x8 motherboard it should improve things.

Right now averages 33 frames a second in Balmora with view distance and AI distance on about 80% with no shadows. Strangely rain doesn't affect these framerates which might suggest rain effects are video card dependant not CPU dependant and that therefore the fx5800 is being held back by the rest of the system, but that's my speculation I have no idea how to test such a thing. good luck with the new card.

just recently i got a radeon 9000 pro, it runs morrowind fine, draw distance 70%, 1280x960, i have to adjust my screen so it looks normal, still, it can fill the whole screen, but i went back to 1024x768, it runs a few fps faster, and its back to the normal refresh rate of 85, instead of 56 at 1280x960...which explains my mostly red eyes :D

since you have a geforce fx5800 ultra, im surprised you dont get lag at that, but when you get a new motherboard, that supports 8x AGP, the video card wont have to rely on the memory as much, instead, using the AGP, which will increase it by around 5-10fps, now, in morrowind, that is an amazing achievement, if you have 1gig rd ram, then you shouldnt be having any performance issues, because i have 256sd (not ddr), and i get the hard drive going nuts everywhere, and surprisingly, its a 120gig kingston 7,200rpm.

oh well, good luck finding your older drivers, and dont forget, find a benchmark on morrowind, i found one last week, they used the same video card, and they mentioned the drivers they used, so use different ones, compare them, then figure out, which ones run morrowind the best.

good luck

oh, and for the rain, i dont get lag either, and i have the pixel shaders on, its probably the version of the pixel shader, or the video card, because mine only has 1 vertex pipeline, but 4 pixel pipeline, in other words, this radeon 9000 pro can get better performance on a pixel shader test than a geforce 4 ti4600....so its the pipelines in the fx5800.

Archived