If I manage to create a new realm....

Besugo

New World Levels  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should the enemies be leveled?

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. If not leveled, what should the lowest level be?

• Lower?
    • 15?
    • 20?
    • 25?
    • 30?
    • Higher?

Alright, so here's the deal. If I was to create a new plane I am currently working on, Should the enemies, npcs, and everything else be leveled? If not, what levels should the starting enemies (the enemies near the entrance) be?

If anyone is confused and/or curious about what I am doing, ask away!

Ideally you should only be using leveled lists to randomize what sorts of things spawn in an area, rather than using it to adjust for the levels of the player. This was where Bethsoft screwed up, strong things only spawn when you're a high level, and weak things rarely spawn past a certain level. Instead you should try to just use static leveled spawns within sections of an area, occasionally throwing in an autocalc and adjusted spawn to keep things interesting.

As far as the realm goes, you should try to distribute the levels of spawns according to where you want the player when. Weaker spawns near settlements, harder spawns further away. It takes a bit more work than just dropping a few spawn points in every cell, but depending on the size or theme of your area, can make all the difference.

You should also keep in mind what your mod requires. If it can be added into any game already in progress you should probably aim for level 15+ and make some sort of level requirement so that people who are too low level (like below 12) can't enter, and you should try to have some very high spawns so that higher players have a challenge. If the mod requires starting a new game, this is very different, you'd probably want a lower minimum, around 5, and be more limited as to how high of spawns you should have.

Leveled lists with autocalc spawns should really be limited to areas where progressively stronger things make sense. Or do you expect all the high leveled stuff to just stand there hiding behind the trees until you're strong enough to fight them?

Alright, I should have specified that. The teleporter is in an ayleid ruin, but you have to help some archaeologists solve some puzzles and stuff to reach it. So yes, there is a quest involved. The reason I am asking this is because I don't want to end up making the whole place with levels 10 too low for most downloaders. I was thinking myself of making the quest require lv 15 or 20, but the thing is that, if most of this communities players are around lv 30 or so they will overpower most everything, which would make it too easy... :confused:

“Leveling” is one of the worst ideas Bethesda came up with. It’s fine for some things but not –every- thing. I would much rather go on loot scavenger hunts to find the rare items, instead of expecting them to randomly spawn inside containers when at said level of 15 or 20.

Making things out of sight out of mind is much more rewarding when you find them, instead of saying “okay this is a crate, leveled loot inside”.

I think level spawns should exist not based on character level. In some areas, have lv.20 spawns, and in some, lv.5 spawns. I remember how hard the Tribunal Goblins were if you were below level 20 or 25. Damn they ripped me a new one, and I kept thinking, “they’re just goblins!” But that was part of the challenge and I felt very good after inching my way through it (without being a ‘god’ and having no challenge like you could later on ^_^).

no leveled lists ... and only little yes...

I think it will be good idea make random spawning with leveled lists...like Vagrant0 says before in this topic...

But make BOSS creatures/humanoids leveled so they always be chelenge...

Archived