What am I doing wrong if a batch file crashes my game?

DiaborMagics

Hello everyone,

I have started a new game in which I intend to switch from character to character, respeccing them with batch files per character each time. To keep their skill/perk/stat/level/etc progress separate. Now... I tried one of my files and it instantly crashed my game. Tried it several times. It's a file called Vvalda.txt (named after one of the characters) and these are the commands in it:

player.setlevel 1
player.setav health 100
player.setav stamina 100
player.setav magicka 100
player.forceav carryweight 300
player.setav onehanded 15
player.setav twohanded 15
player.setav marksman 15
player.setav lightarmor 15
player.setav heavyarmor 15
player.setav block 15
player.setav smithing 15
player.setav enchanting 15
player.setav illusion 15
player.setav alteration 15
player.setav destruction 15
player.setav restoration 35
player.setav conjuration 15
player.setav sneak 15
player.setav pickpocket 15
player.setav speechcraft 30
player.setav lockpicking 15
player.setav alchemy 15
player.removespell 000211EB
coc whiterunorigin

Obviously I will update the values once my characters grow, but after typing "bat vvalda", without quotes of course, the game hangs for a few seconds, then CTD's. The file is located in my Skyrim installation folder, so not in Data, nor in Mod Organizer/Mods/BatchFilesSomethingExampleBlaBla/ I should be good, right? All these commands... I believe I have used them before, so they should be fine?

If anyone can enlighten me, then please and thank you very much :D

Have a nice evening!

- DiaborMagics

try to change it to just coc whiterun.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did not think it would work, as whiterunorigin is a legit cell and I believe COC itself to be the problem. After trying it, I now for sure that just typing whiterun also crashes. It seems COC is just not a good idea. But I wonder how and if there would be a way around it.

Can you not survive without using the coc command? and have you tried using it on a batch alone?

Of course I can survive without the command. But if I want to remember where I leave all my characters when switching for COC'ing manually, I will have to write them all down anyway. Would be nice if I could batch it like the rest. And nope, only coc doesnt work either. So I don't think it's going to work.

The whole point of this is to leave characters I switch from where they are, so for example if A is in Jorrvaskr and B in Fort Dawnguard, then using coc for those locations in the batch file to switch to the correct place for the right person, would be excellent and more immersive to me. I plan to leave them all in their own go-to homes/guilds/etc before I switch, so that when I switch, I will find them where they 'belong'. Now I'll have to do it manually. Not a big problem at all, since I can still batch the vast majority, but it's a tad strange to me that it works this way, or rather, doesn't work this way. And I am still curious about if a solution to still batch it exists.

• 1 month later...

I think is the game don't like the COC command in bat files. I also try to make a home bat files to teleport to Breezehome sometime when I don't want to walk back from the bottom of where map I'm at, but it will crash the game.

Also, It seem like <refID>.moveto player don't really work on many NPC. For example, Onmund(1c1a2). 1c1a2.moveto player will not work but if I prid 1c1a2 and move to player, it won't have any problem.

Every time I type coc locations in a text and place the name text beside my games exe, and try to use them the screen goes black and I have to stop my game

I have a line paper notepad I write all coc locations in and manually type each location in console, sometimes I misspell a location and have to do it again

coc locations in texts worked fine in fallout 4