Enchanting is kind've a waste?

ArchAdam

yer enchanting and smithing sucks (...NOT...) the best i can get my steel plate and my sword is only this :-

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/648747634057516937/2014C5183DD68D9895ECC2E24DECEA557A4EB29C/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/648747634057684204/A700B3ADFF88ADBB260109F2C85150686080243F/

If ya need more power and armour than that your doing something very wrong

Edited by glinkglonk

Good grief, the attack power on that swords is over 900, how is the game even fun or rewarding using that?

Good grief, the attack power on that swords is over 900, how is the game even fun or rewarding using that?

Some people love to overcompensate.

Rofl yes i may be overcompensating for something hmmm wonder what that could be :)

As to the original question I would be dishonest if I didnt say that once I reach the point where I have 100 smith , 100 alc , 100 enchant the game becomes too easy and is no longer a challenge.

I do play the game on master from the start and I do not fast travel.

But even so this is my 4th char that has reached what is probably the cap limit because of the ease of creating ubber Armour and Weapons that far out weigh the powers of quest and loot rewards

all 4 chars have been different in style but all 4 have capped out way too fast i ushaly reach lvl 20 in about 1 days play (in game at timescale 5)

Ive Stopped playing now until the CK comes out as the game is just too easy

Once a decent hardcore mod comes out ill start playing again :)

Edited by glinkglonk

Well im trying not to abuse them.

Currently playing on master with a breton majoring in alchemy.

level 70ish enchanter and smither

All amour warn has one enchament(magic regen or stamina) each, and none on weapons. using poisons heavily with battle axe and bow.

destro/restro

no FT

Only using steel armours with the DB boots and an armoured hood,no shield.

Still having fun playing and getting my arsed kicked just enough to keep it fun

All amour warn has one enchament(magic regen or stamina) each, and none on weapons. using poisons heavily with battle axe and bow.

destro/restro

no FT

Level 40ish paladin, smithing at 100 (very easy), enchanting only at like 50. Crafted a legendary set of dragonplate, without using any fortify smithing effects except for a very weak potion that I made at ~50 alchemy. With the Nord passive, two resist fire enchants and a resist lightning enchant (+ what I get from resistance potions that I pick up along the way), no mage poses a serious threat. Everything else is a joke.

I was deliberately trying *not* to abuse the hell out of this game (I have ~1800 bow damage on my archer), but it's still way too easy. Next game I will simply equip clothes on my melee fighters.

destro/restro

no FT

Level 40ish paladin, smithing at 100 (very easy), enchanting only at like 50. Crafted a legendary set of dragonplate, without using any fortify smithing effects except for a very weak potion that I made at ~50 alchemy. With the Nord passive, two resist fire enchants and a resist lightning enchant (+ what I get from resistance potions that I pick up along the way), no mage poses a serious threat. Everything else is a joke.

I was deliberately trying *not* to abuse the hell out of this game (I have ~1800 bow damage on my archer), but it's still way too easy. Next game I will simply equip clothes on my melee fighters.

The game is still really new and early on (i think) everybody has gone overboard with those perk tree's....i hold my hand up as one of the abusers.Got it out of my system on a dark elf,now consigned to the great save file in the sky.

long term players (i think) will see them as great tools for decent builds with longevity in the future and with modding this game in its infancy pre ck, lots of intresting tweaking to get excited about.

So yeah, too much of a good thing.....