Immersion living details

cmoe

I guess this one's possible as soon as the creation kit goes live but let me already sum up some stuff:

- small spiders

- ants

- bugs

- worms

- bats

- birds

- leeches in water

- ladybugs

- mice

a lot of wildlife and small stuff that would add to the otherwise pretty lifeless cold lands of skyrim. How many times have i wandered a dungeon full of spiderwebs and leftovers without a single insect or insect-hunting animal wishing there would be more detail to look at, like spiders scurrying off a web you just walked through, crawling across the ceiling with a torch casting a long shadow on the wall opposite to where youre standing... stuff like that.

Oh, and since it very likely got lost in that other thread - please some modder create "charlie chaplin's beard" to choose from in character creation ;D

Other than that some more suggestions, some already mentioned in other threads:

- footprints in the snow

- lanterns instead of torches

- useable fishing pole

- gambling

- more athmospheric life in taverns

- more realistic clapping animation for people

I really do like the miscellaneous "passive" creatures throughout Skyrim, like the Torchbugs, hawks, and salmon. I was really disappointed to find out that they did NOTHING with those, except made them ingredients that floated.

I was hoping you could watch a quail lay its eggs in a nest, or even build the nest in the first place! I wanted to be attacked by bees when I torch their freaking hive! I wanted to see the salmon swim upstream and lay eggs, instead of just cycle through the waterfall like puppets on sticks and a wheel.

But nope. New engine, but who cares about dynamic environments?

I mean, I don't want every section of flora and fauna added (Although that would be cool), but I do want at least the ones we have to function like living creatures, and not floating potion ingredients.

Also, everything on the below bit, definitely needs to be added in and fixed. How can you f*** up snow physics in a game that takes place in the bloody tundra Bethesda? HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

Edited by IxionInc

Totally agree with your post, i'd also love to see insects and other animals in the enviroment.

One more think that i found really immersion-breaking is the dungeons interiors/loot...

For example, how come in a hundreds years old (and never opened) tomb i can find lit torches, lamps and braziers?

How can i find barrels with apples (apples anywhere!!!) or potatoes or carrot or alchemical ingredients like flowers and such.

Same thing applies for vampires lairs or beast lairs...

I dont' know if it's possible (even with the kit), but i' like tombs to be pitch black and with no torches, unless there are bandits or necromancers in it and with loot consistent with the ambient...

It's be nice if when a NPC is reading a book, they are actually reading it as in that particular books words appear in the animation of them reading, instead of just a generic "open book flick page" animation.

I agree on the little things too, didn't Todd boast about seeing ants on tree stumps? Every tree stump I've encountered is just a pixelated blurred mess, let alone seeing ants on there. This mod would be really good.