Marriage Gift System

InuyashaFE

What I noticed in marriage is that it seems like your spouse does everything for you, cooks for you, gives you part of the shop profit, but what do you do for her?

Nothing, you just leave to adventure again. So what I propose is that the player can give gifts to their lover. A ring, which they would then equip, or perhaps a new dress, or if the player has a male lover, they could give them a new greatsword, or some mead.

Why not? :biggrin:

Rowan Leeves & I have already talked about something similar-- pet treats for your dog follower, in the style of Dragon Age's "Mabari Crunch".Unless my memory is completely off, Emma did a mod like this for Oblivion, allowing the PC to give gifts to people; if it's doable in Oblivion, I can't imagine it can't be done in Skyrim.

It could be as basic as adding one or two lines of dialogue, conditioned to appear when you have X item in your inventory; or as complex as putting together something specific for each NPC-- soul gems for a mage, dwarven daggers for a warrior, books for the studious NPC-- and sweet rolls for everyone!